Strangely underused whilst here.

One of those where you're left to assume that he just didn't do enough in training, but then somewhat perplexed when what little we saw of him he gave the impression that he had something to offer.

Haven't heard his name for a few seasons now, although I was under the impression he had a good few seasons for Bury after leaving us.

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

Probably found his level like Hallam hope 

He looked better than Hope, to be honest, although, yeah, it's probably fair to say he found his level.

Mind you, we signed a heck of a lot of players after promotion, and I suppose it's always likely that not all will quite make the grade. He was a punt - a bit like Paul Corry, and perhaps McCabe too.

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I know I will get slaughtered for this but.

Id like Conor Wickham back even after his injury 

Shearer had same injury and was still class when he came back 

Wickham on loan for next season, even if only for half a season, wouldn't be unrealistic, I'd have thought.

No-one can doubt he's a very good player at this level.

Think Mike Jones was signed to get the best out of a forward we had..Ryan Lowe?

In fairness Connor Wickham is quite a few levels above Mayor, Corry and McCabe and would be an excellent signing in this league if comes back the same player he was.

Still think he has something to offer in the Premiership , he's that good.

3 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Didn’t Dave Jones replace Megson?

Yeah still half asleep pal lol

Jones signed by megson not fancied by jones I meant, not sure what happened with mayor as to why he never played, looked a neat footballer to me 

8 hours ago, cowl said:

He looked better than Hope, to be honest, although, yeah, it's probably fair to say he found his level.

Mind you, we signed a heck of a lot of players after promotion, and I suppose it's always likely that not all will quite make the grade. He was a punt - a bit like Paul Corry, and perhaps McCabe too.

McCabe was the biggest disappointment...came with a great reputation and apparantly we were lucky to sign him. Turned out to be dross.

mayor made the PFA league 2 side so must have summat about him but think he's been dogged by injury and hardly played in the last 2 years

9 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

McCabe was the biggest disappointment...came with a great reputation and apparantly we were lucky to sign him. Turned out to be dross.

never met the lad so could be doing him a disservice but he seems like one of those who arnt as good as they think they are and once you think that the slippery pole appears and he's certainly grabbed it with both hands ......when he reaches the bottom he'll probably land on top owen Morrison & leon knight 

8 hours ago, cowl said:

Paul Corry retired from football this week due to an injury, only 26.

McCabe is playing for Sligo in league of Ireland. 

Mayor is still at Bury. 

41 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

He sure believed his hype. Great bath singer though