60 years ago today

5 hours ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

I've seen that picture many times and as torry suggests it was the Arsenal game; our first back in Division One

it was my 1st avatar when I joined  OT ...........year after year i'd go to see us at highbury and year after year we'd get beat , I kept going safe in the knowledge that the law of averages said i'd see us win one day .......I got that bugger wrong . 

• Haha 1

My memory must be playing tricks! I must be one of the few Wednesday fans who have actually seen us win at Arsenal(only twice post war ) I missed the 61-62 2-1 win but was there for the August 1959 game. I thought we played in all white that day - I can still picture Fantham side footing the winner! However, it was an extremely sunny day I remember and the F.A. Yearbook seems to confirm it. Can you confirm please Dunsby?

On 25/04/2018 at 18:12, Colin Dobson said:

My memory must be playing tricks! I must be one of the few Wednesday fans who have actually seen us win at Arsenal(only twice post war ) I missed the 61-62 2-1 win but was there for the August 1959 game. I thought we played in all white that day - I can still picture Fantham side footing the winner! However, it was an extremely sunny day I remember and the F.A. Yearbook seems to confirm it. Can you confirm please Dunsby?

slightly before my time , what kind of following would we have had at highbury in 1959 ??? 

Wasn’t the 1961 Arsenal game above the one where a certain highly-promising reserve called Dougie McMillan got badly injured in a coach crash at Alconbury on the A1, when the team were returning ? It finished his career.

this kit was and still is my favourite all-time Wednesday kit.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:53, owlsite said:

Wasn’t the 1961 Arsenal game above the one where a certain highly-promising reserve called Dougie McMillan got badly injured in a coach crash at Alconbury on the A1, when the team were returning ? It finished his career.

this kit was and still is my favourite all-time Wednesday kit.

boxing day 1960 …...