Leeds tho!

Guest The Claw

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Even more cringe worthy, they've been advertising on the radio for the Leeds rugby league side and they've gone and adopted that stupid marching on together phrase. Typical Tim pots in all sports just keep copying others lol

Shezzas . you live in Horbury ?

3 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Wednesday are the most successful team in Yorkshire nd that’s a fact. Don’t give a f00k about Leeds, most deluded fan base going. 

No mate; they're similar to us; they refuse to accept that one day they won't be one of England's top teams again.

I hope we don't give up; and why should they?

30 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

With the neg button gone, I'm safe to say I don't mind Leeds that much.

I don't mind the city, but  many of the football clubs supporters are, shall we say, a rather unpleasant bunch !

Leeds united -

The Millwall of the North !

Edited by np pontefract

So based on the writer’s rationale regarding historical success, recent successes and age of club...

Wigan Athletic are bigger and more successful than Dirty Leeds...?

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Used to, moved away but came back for a year or so because the ex wanted to, but moved up to East Ardsley as its easy for work and 5 mins from either jctn 41 m1 or m62. Why you in Horbury bud? 

Live in Dewsbury now was in Ossett for years 

That article is basically the same paragraph strung out over and over again well beyond the point of tedium. Set your own parameters and I'm sure you can engineer the answer you want.

To be honest, take away match-fixing Revie and there is very little to Leeds. Everything they won under that bloke is tainted. It's more than likely they would never have got out of Division Two without his bribery. Other than that you've got a very good team under Wilkinson for about two seasons and the Ridsdale years of initial success then massively over-stretching financially and then getting in to massive debts. Those days are gone and Leeds are now in recent years the club of Ken Bates, that crazy Italian bloke, sparse attendances and screwing over the St John's Ambulance.

Yes Wednesday's history is mostly in the black and white era, but we don't delude ourselves that we're natural rivals with Manchester United. Even an article supposedly about Yorkshire can't help but bang on about them. Huddersfield Town are a bigger club than Leeds - better players, a much better manager, Premier League football, three league titles won without cheating (as their most famous manager famously mentioned on his first day - "throw your medals in the bin") and no bankruptcies.

There's no case to be made that Leeds are bigger than Wednesday, or Barnsley, Hull or even United at the moment. Never mind Huddersfield.