Idea To Boost #SWFC Attendances

49 minutes ago, james o connor said:

30 quid a game is not going to attract anybody to watch that dross

He deserves time, with what he's got to work with. Seems eager to give youth a chance.

Lets see performances after a full pre season.

7 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

I wouldn't mind paying 39 on south if I got 2 free pints..one b4 and one at ht..that's not unreasonable

The kiosks struggle to serve one pint in a entire two hour period.

for your offer you'd have to pre order 6 months in advance

• Haha 1

Best way to make season tickets more desirable is to make pay on the day tickets hard to come by.

So that's simple.   Employ a strategy to get attendance from those who would not normally come.

Sheffield has students from afar:  Entice them with very cheap tickets.   They wouldn't buy normally, so you have a business excuse for this:   Encouraging new customers.    The blades do this.

Sheffield has immigrants from afar who have settled.   They are untargeted but many would attend if given an initial encouragement.

Schools - Give them encouragement to attend in thousands from across the whole of Sheffield, again cheap or free.    Again, the blades do this.

All the above would limit capacity and make season tickets seen as the way to guarantee your seat, and also hopefully encourage brand new supporters.   

Also an increase in crowd sized would mean revenue from advertising inside Hillsborough could be increased, as would the revenue from sales of food, drink, memorabilia and programme sales.

Edited by HubristicClapper

Family tickets - 2 adults 2 kids - 2 pints - 2 fizzy pops - 4 pies - 80quid

Would people go for this? 

It would get people in the ground also to get the food and drink. 

Edited by Rogers

Pay on the day tickets for adults is very dear IMO.

This should be looked at and prices reduced to a degree and also the vast array of multi teared category games should be reduced significantly and the whole picture made clearer and more in advance.

Couple this with hopefully good home football next season, then the home attendances will rise and we'll negate any price cut for the pay on day fans - which remember isn't that many at this time.

If we are all part of the Wednesday family and as the Chairman says, then why seemingly target the pay on the day fans, for very high costs.

Having said this i do know and except season ticket holders should obviously still get the best deals.

This all said I believe our support has remained solid and loyal and stands up well to scrutiny to other clubs this season and when looking at all factors, with cost obviously being a major one.

For example if Wednesday and United's pricing systems had been reversed last season, then we would have had thousands more than them. It annoys me that they brag about the few hundred more per game they attracted this season, but failing to put this in to any sort of reasonable context, when comparing against others.

UTO

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 22:26, gingerknob1 said:

Do what Leeds are doing v Bolton 

season ticket holders bring a friend for free 

our ground wouldn't be big enough, it probably wouldn't even if only 50%of them took up the offer  ....members and the casual supporter who doesn't have a season ticket holder mate wouldn't be to attend .....that apart it's a good idea . ,

We have 10,000 empty seats each game we could any host of ticket ideas to get people in, even if we gave them away for free people would then spend money in the ground generating money for the club. 

What eve you do could have some impact on fans paying elsewhere but we cannot continue to have over 30% of the ground empty each game. In the 90's we as a club used to give reduced price tickets to school kids this got more fans in the stands and also got more future Owls buying season tickets for years to come, I would also run a Uni Student incentive like we used to to again get fans coming to the city for 3 years and make them lifelong Owls but for what ever reason the club seemto have a current policy of charging as much as they are able to the existing fans and show no signs of trying to fill the empty seats.

I personally think this is very short sighted on their part but I can also see we need someone who knows how to market the stadium and the club the right way, a decent marketing and comercial manager for the club shop could be the best recruitment we do thissummer

29 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We have 10,000 empty seats each game we could any host of ticket ideas to get people in, even if we gave them away for free people would then spend money in the ground generating money for the club. 

What eve you do could have some impact on fans paying elsewhere but we cannot continue to have over 30% of the ground empty each game. In the 90's we as a club used to give reduced price tickets to school kids this got more fans in the stands and also got more future Owls buying season tickets for years to come, I would also run a Uni Student incentive like we used to to again get fans coming to the city for 3 years and make them lifelong Owls but for what ever reason the club seemto have a current policy of charging as much as they are able to the existing fans and show no signs of trying to fill the empty seats.

I personally think this is very short sighted on their part but I can also see we need someone who knows how to market the stadium and the club the right way, a decent marketing and comercial manager for the club shop could be the best recruitment we do thissummer

but we don't have 10000 empty seats because we cant sell them it's because the majority of them are in the leppings lane end and we arnt allowed to sell them to home supporters or even give them away for free .....chuck in we cant sell the lepp end of the north either or that we arnt allowed to sell every seat on the kop .....there's very few seats that are available to be giving away .

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

but we don't have 10000 empty seats because we cant sell them it's because the majority of them are in the leppings lane end and we arnt allowed to sell them to home supporters or even give them away for free .....chuck in we cant sell the lepp end of the north either or that we arnt allowed to sell every seat on the kop .....there's very few seats that are available to be giving away .

I think we established during the play offs last season that the actual number of home tickets available is less than 31,000 assuming we can restrict away supporters to around 2k in the Upper Lep

Average number of home fans this season, around 24k based on typical away support?

We should be able to attract another 5k floating support with a combination of decent form/entertainment and competitive pricing for POTG