Sheffield Wednesday Season Ticket Question

Without looking or googling see if you can guess this one correctly.

On the 31st July 2003 Sheffield Wednesday announced that season tickets were up a massive 20% over the previous season.

Can you guess how many we had sold at the time of the announcement? (full version below)

SHEFFIELD Wednesday today sold their XXXXXXXXXth season ticket of the summer.

The number is almost 20 per cent up on last season's total - despite the club's relegation from Division One.

The season-ticket figure alone beats the average attendance of all but four Second Division clubs.

Owls chief executive Alan Sykes paid tribute to the club's supporters. He said: "We would like to thank our fans for this outstanding show of support.

"It is a massive boost for Chris Turner, the players and everyone at the club. We aim to give all Wednesdayites something to shout about on the pitch this season."

The Owls have already sold 2,500 of their 3,000 allocation for their first match of the season, away to Swindon a week on Saturday.

Wednesday are gearing up for a season of decent attendances at Hillsborough plus big followings to away games.

Fans are optimistic, and the club have made no secret of the fact that their goal is to win the Division Two title.

Wednesday officials are also expecting thousands of supporters to visit Hillsborough on Sunday for the open day, from 9am.

Tickets for tomorrow's friendly at home to Newcastle (7.45pm) are £10 adults, and £5 concessions, throughout the ground. The club's new home kit will be launched tomorrow.

Owlstalk Shop

18k?

I was at the Swindon away game, sat with Swindon fans.  Remember a bloke telling his lad that we had huge support and had sold 18k or whatever season tickets.  

We were 3-0 up in half an hour I think but finished up with a lucky 3-2 win.

Think Owusu made his debut and scored for us.  

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Without looking or googling see if you can guess this one correctly.

On the 31st July 2003 Sheffield Wednesday announced that season tickets were up a massive 20% over the previous season.

Can you guess how many we had sold at the time of the announcement? (full version below)

350 ? 

23 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

18k?

I was at the Swindon away game, sat with Swindon fans.  Remember a bloke telling his lad that we had huge support and had sold 18k or whatever season tickets.  

We were 3-0 up in half an hour I think but finished up with a lucky 3-2 win.

Think Owusu made his debut and scored for us.  

Yep your right about the score, not sure about the Owusu goal, we where also sat with the Swindon fans, it was quite warm I think?

12,561 But Fred and Mildred returned after only an hour demanded a refund so 15,549 then ted came in and wanted three and a group wanted a refund of 12, two people died before completing payment and three were student pigs making a mistake at the wrong ground.  Im lost but the answers there somewhere