We Rely On Others

29 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

That said; we shouldn't rely on them not catching up; we've got enough winnable matches coming up and at one point that elusive win will come.

We thought Ipswich and Bolton were winnable games though 

18 minutes ago, ramone said:

They were supposed to come against Ipswich and Bolton though. 

Realistically, the only game we have left that you can look at and go 'winnable' is Reading at home. The others, other than points away at Sunderland and Hull, I cant see us taking anything from.

I agree at moment things look difficult on the pitch but think we will survive relatively comfortably. Although wouldn't stake my life on it. Predict stopping up by 5 points but probably with a points total that would relegate us a lot of seasons.

• Like 1

Just now, KivoOwl said:

We've probably got enough points now.

Don't agree 

One of the bottom 3 will get at least 8 points and go on a decent run 

Can't wednesday going on any run 

Think we need 43-46 points to be safe 

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree at moment things look difficult on the pitch but think we will survive relatively comfortably. Although wouldn't stake my life on it. Predict stopping up by 5 points but probably with a points total that would relegate us a lot of seasons.

Its a sorry state of affairs what ever the outcome really. I'm trying to look at it in a different light as it gets me mad. I'm trying to be a bit more laid back by trying to find the funny side of it all. But then just as i'm about to crack a smile, i remember the ticket prices, the cost of a replica shirt and the cost of cup of hot water and tea bag inside the ground and it takes me to boiling point again... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigrbuk said:

Struggling clubs always seem to have a last attempt at survival and pick up points. Still think we need to do the same.

Yeah, there is always one who finds a bit of form and digs their way out of trouble. 

We still have Sunderland ,Hull and Reading to play. 

1 hour ago, new zealand owl said:

By hook or by crook we will win a couple of games before the season is out,  no science to it I just reckon our fixtures are ok and a few players coming back mean we will be a championship club next year.   

I reckon we might just lose to Sunderland and beat Wolves...that’s how it works with us right? 

If we get Hooper, Bannan and Forestieri back for 6 or 7 games we will be fine. Added to Hunt, Lees, Reach, Boyd and the newly-improved Joao, We would have a line-up more than capable of a couple of wins and a few draws.

However, if many of these names are absent Im not sure where the wins come from.

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

I can only see us gaining 3 more points, from 3 draws. I hope it will be enough. 

I am struggling to see where a win will come from. 

Personally, I would be playing 4-3-3 and going all out attack. Will lose more than we win but we only need a win or two. 

Would also be more interesting than the dull, pedestrian football we are seeing. 

1 hour ago, Watto said:

We thought Ipswich and Bolton were winnable games though

Well, we got to keep believing and hope our team puts in max effort and that win will come.

Bolton was winnable until last-minute lapse of concentration allowed that stupid cross to come in...

1 hour ago, Watto said:

Don't agree 

One of the bottom 3 will get at least 8 points and go on a decent run 

Can't wednesday going on any run 

Think we need 43-46 points to be safe 

You maybe right,but there has to be twenty odd goal swing in their Favour also,do you really think that for every point birmingham or burton gain the goals against will favour them without us even getting a point with the nine games left ?

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I saw the Channel 5 show at the weekend where the Wednesday girl did the selfie video thing saying we are staring relegation in the face. 8 points clear is not staring relegation on the face to me.

The club on and off the pitch has been like Fred Karnos Circus this season but get a couple of wins and re group in the summer.

I'm sure that was Victoria who used to be a regular poster on here.

To be fair to her she was probably feeling a bit negative after reading the matchday thread during the game. lol

Only thing that will probably keep us up is the fact that the bottom 3 clubs are in a worse state.  As people have mentioned a few times I genuinely can't see where the next 3 points will come from.  If a team down at the bottom strings a few wins together we could be in a real pickle.  Sunderland are as good as dead IMO so it's down to Burton and Birmingham (who may pick up at some point when Monk settles in).  An absolute embarrassment of a season