We Rely On Others

So timely that just as Stephen Hawking dies we have a new contender to explain the laws of physics and mathematics to us.

Black holes emit radiation, also Barnsely and Birmingham haven’t won many games but they might win one at some point.

• Haha 4

it was always going to be the case - it may change with the returning injured players and we take matters into our own hands.

This coming weekend could see the gap down to 5 points if Brum get a win against Hull and we lose. If they don't, I can't see anyway the bottom three can claw themselves out.

By hook or by crook we will win a couple of games before the season is out,  no science to it I just reckon our fixtures are ok and a few players coming back mean we will be a championship club next year.   

I reckon we might just lose to Sunderland and beat Wolves...that’s how it works with us right? 

I saw the Channel 5 show at the weekend where the Wednesday girl did the selfie video thing saying we are staring relegation in the face. 8 points clear is not staring relegation on the face to me.

The club on and off the pitch has been like Fred Karnos Circus this season but get a couple of wins and re group in the summer.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So timely that just as Stephen Hawking dies we have a new contender to explain the laws of physics and mathematics to us.

Black holes emit radiation, also Barnsely and Birmingham haven’t won many games but they might win one at some point.

Barnsley 7 wins, Birmingham 8 wins, Owls 8 wins, I’ll need every bit of my optimism before this season draws to a close, strangely enough it’s draws that could be the answer.

26 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Once again, other than for Hull, the results went in the Owls favour, the law of physics  states that what goes around comes around, over to you Jos, before the law of mathematics dictates the future of the club.

I didn't know karma was a law of physics. ;)

• Haha 3

It's a rubbish state of affairs, topping off a rubbish season and if it takes 3 clubs to be more rubbish than us then I'll take that. I really don't fancy topping off such a historic year with relegation. Yes, there are lots of things to bemoan and rant about, but to what effect.

Even if we did get sent down, I would still be there next year. What's my choice? Support some other club or join the moron's in meadow hall every weekend. You either bounce or.......

I can not see us winning more than 2 games in the run in. (i can't see us winning one to be honest)

We are the bottom of the form table for the last 20 games

We will only stop up by virtue of others.

Shocker of a season both on and off the pitch

37 minutes ago, torres said:

I can not see us winning more than 2 games in the run in. (i can't see us winning one to be honest)

Two wins - yes, it's very optimistic - gets us to 44 points which, the way things stand, will, in all probability, be enough to keep us up.

I think they rely on us to lose points too, because they sure aren't getting the results on their own, and they're worse off because they are actually the ones trailing 8 points behind.

That said; we shouldn't rely on them not catching up; we've got enough winnable matches coming up and at one point that elusive win will come.

As for getting those crucial wins in; more than a handful winnable games left.

Leeds, Preston, QPR, Sunderland, Reading, Hull, Norwich

I think expecting much from either Fulham or Wolves is a tad bit optimistic.

Edited by N0rtherner

One big plus point for us (apart from already being 8 points clear) is that we have some quality players returning to fitness which could be the difference in turning draws into wins and defeats into draws going into the last nine games.  

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I saw the Channel 5 show at the weekend where the Wednesday girl did the selfie video thing saying we are staring relegation in the face. 8 points clear is not staring relegation on the face to me.

The club on and off the pitch has been like Fred Karnos Circus this season but get a couple of wins and re group in the summer.

They were supposed to come against Ipswich and Bolton though. 

Realistically, the only game we have left that you can look at and go 'winnable' is Reading at home. The others, other than points away at Sunderland and Hull, I cant see us taking anything from.

The opportunity to put an end to this god awful season was the 2 previous games and we rolled over and got tickled. this season will got right until the very last day for us. Ironically, we play Norwich at home. Remember that one well. Ben Sahar and Deon Burton saving our bacon that day. That was when we weren't being told we have to pay through the nose for what we see on the pitch... 

Edited by ramone

51 minutes ago, torres said:

I can only see us gaining 3 more points, from 3 draws. I hope it will be enough. 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

We are staring relegation in the face, we are only not rock bottom because of others. If we survive this season it wont be because of ourselves!

1 hour ago, optimisticowl said:

Once again, other than for Hull, the results went in the Owls favour, the law of physics  states that what goes around comes around, over to you Jos, before the law of mathematics dictates the future of the club.

I don't quite get this rely on others, though it sometimes feels like that when "catch up" games are played after ours, but if we do stay up, it will not be "by the virtue of others", it will because we have got more points than them from the same games.  Ever the optimist.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 hour ago, new zealand owl said:

By hook or by crook we will win a couple of games before the season is out,  no science to it I just reckon our fixtures are ok and a few players coming back mean we will be a championship club next year.   

I reckon we might just lose to Sunderland and beat Wolves...that’s how it works with us right? 

I don’t think we will... think we’ll pick up sufficient points from draws we won’t win

again. Can’t see a winner in our team at the moment.

12 minutes ago, ramone said:

They were supposed to come against Ipswich and Bolton though. 

Realistically, the only game we have left that you can look at and go 'winnable' is Reading at home. The others, other than points away at Sunderland and Hull, I cant see us taking anything from.

The opportunity to put an end to this god awful season was the 2 previous games and we rolled over and got tickled. this season will got right until the very last day for us. Ironically, we play Norwich at home. Remember that one well. Ben Sahar and Deon Burton saving our bacon that day. That was when we weren't being told we have to pay through the nose for what we see on the pitch... 

there has been some bad management of things, not just at pitch level it seems.

you can understand the bloke charging good money for the money spent, and i didn't see many up in arms when he was spending it.

a great many football fans think you can put together a challenging side if you throw enough money at it,

whilst warnock proves that not to be the case, and fulham go in a different direction, one we used to go down, but seem to have forgotten.