Is there a place for religion in football?

10 hours ago, fred mciver said:

There's a reason to sign Muslim players which I first noticed with Madjid.

With no booze and good diet, they are so, so much fitter than most home grown guys.

Bougherra was fastest stopper I've ever seen. Real class.

In fact , overseas player generally fitter. Comparing other Owls' players to Di Canio was embarrasing.

No wonder he scored so many towards end of a match. 

Aren't Matias and Abdi not of these shores?

Do grown ups still believe in Santa Claus ?.   I have never understood how so called educated people/adults can actually believe any of that god b@llocks.  In fact, I've seen Santa, loads of times, every year.  But yet millions would rather say "no he's not real it's just a bloke in a costume but that man in the sky (no you can't see him even tho he's massive apparently) he's definitely real".

I mean come on,  I've got a 12 inch d@nger.  No you can't see it and for f#cks sake don't ask ar lass about it but believe me, it's massive !!.

Rant concluded.

7 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

I think religion plays a massive part in football now with the likes of Gabriel Jesus, Victor Moses, Charlie Adam and Harry Kane.

Which clearly says to me that religious people are more successful at football.

Which then begs the question, what is the difference between that of a religious footballer and a Godless player? Could it be that a God is giving them a helping hand in their lives? I think that’s very much what is happening which says to me that God does exist.

Now who that God is specifically is up for debate, as a practicing Muslim I have my own thoughts about him but obviously this is not the place for that kind of talk. 

• Like 1

I'm a devout atheist, my wife and I came very close to divorce over whether or not our children should be christened, I work in an operating theatre so I know without question that science, not Jesus, will save you. Yet this is the greatest Wednesday-related picture I've ever seen.

zmx5t.jpg

2 hours ago, Samurai Blue said:

I think religion plays a massive part in football now with the likes of Gabriel Jesus, Victor Moses, Charlie Adam and Harry Kane.

1 hour ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Which then begs the question, what is the difference between that of a religious footballer and a Godless player? Could it be that a God is giving them a helping hand in their lives? I think that’s very much what is happening which says to me that God does exist.

Now who that God is specifically is up for debate, as a practicing Muslim I have my own thoughts about him but obviously this is not the place for that kind of talk. 

I wish I could say my original post deserved such a considered response, mate!

I was serving up lame biblical puns. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, manicowl said:

I'm a devout atheist, my wife and I came very close to divorce over whether or not our children should be christened, I work in an operating theatre so I know without question that science, not Jesus, will save you. Yet this is the greatest Wednesday-related picture I've ever seen.

zmx5t.jpg

I know what you're saying, but being 'saved' trancends the physical, healing properties of medicine for some people. I come from an agnostic perspective as I think the best stance is often to be humble and say, "I'm not sure."

Dogmatic comments like 'I know without question' can come across as dismissively arrogant. (Though I'm not suggesting for a moment that's your personality).

edit: Love the photo. That's my favourite Owls kit. 

Edited by Samurai Blue

2 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

You are a Naughty wind up merchant !

lol

• Haha 1