Is there a place for religion in football?

33 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Couple of teams supporters north of the border would not be happy with that.

Just saying :ph34r:

And a lot of them are gradually waking up to getting away from the whole religion bull, but not enough and not quick enough, it will die out eventually with the older generations who still persist with it, i woke up to it, now i just despise them for who they are and nothing to do with religion, just because they are rabid scrubbers now instead WTF:

1 hour ago, briggowl said:

That's quite an opinion. Well I confess to being weak and needing God in my life. Can you offer anything other than synicsm as an alternative to those who are so weak and believe there might be something more to life? I mean anything? 

So all we can offer the weak is a made up concept?  Surely we can do better than a myth? something which has never been demonstrated or any evidence ever been produced for its existence. 

Imo there’s no room for religion in life full stop

Its just outdated beliefs based on old stories which breeds hate and violence and divides and human race 

Edited by Stoop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

No, sorry. Because there's nothing 'out there' imo. No 'higher power'. Faith & belief don't justify that there is. Heaven is defined as the abode of God. So, where is it exactly? Religious people don't live any longer, avoid diseases, stress or heartache, or illness, or go anywhere better after they die imo.

It's not a cynical view, I don't think. Realistic, maybe? The war, death, natural disaster, famine analogy sums it up for me personally. Why would an (albeit fictional) loving, kind, all seeing, all knowing, omnipotent deity allow that to happen to 'it's' followers? It wouldn't.

Or is that the work of the devil? I mean, really, the devil?

As Mozza said, the church, all they want is your money.

Ok but that last bit is cynical. lol. 

We'll not agree on this so UTO!!!

3 minutes ago, Watson said:

So all we can offer the weak is a made up concept?  Surely we can do better than a myth? something which has never been demonstrated or any evidence ever been produced for its existence. 

You'd do well to study Jesus. Honestly he's the evidence for my beliefs. I mean like proper look into his life and claims, not just take the p155 in an 8 out of 10 cats popularist comedian style. 

Anyway I respect your opinion but I want people to know I believe in the hope of life after death and something greater than merely what we can see.

Up The Owls -

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, briggowl said:

You'd do well to study Jesus. Honestly he's the evidence for my beliefs. I mean like proper look into his life and claims, not just take the p155 in an 8 out of 10 cats popularist comedian style. 

Anyway I respect your opinion but I want people to know I believe in the hope of life after death and something greater than merely what we can see.

Up The Owls -

Could he do a job for us?

Don't think anyone is taking the p*ss just a different view point mate.

WTF!?

1 minute ago, briggowl said:

Up The Owls -

Can you demonstrate he even existed?  Claims without evidence are merely that, claims.  

We can believe whatever we wish but it doesn't make them true.

Guest mkowl

I have always suspected that half the players that do the cross signal have no idea it is a religious symbol

The Mo Salah song the Liverpool fans do could easily be construed as a bit rascist but seems to be deemed acceptable

That's quite an opinion. Well I confess to being weak and needing God in my life. Can you offer anything other than synicsm as an alternative to those who are so weak and believe there might be something more to life? I mean anything? 

To be fair, can you offer any factual reason to believe in a God?

Don't get me wrong, I respect your views btw.

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

I have always suspected that half the players that do the cross signal have no idea it is a religious symbol

The Mo Salah song the Liverpool fans do could easily be construed as a bit rascist but seems to be deemed acceptable

I used to shout heil Hitler as I was taking a pen...does that make me a bad person?

WTF!?

Have you looked into Humanism, Brigg owl ?

If not, might I suggest you have a look at the Humanist UK site.

It certainly makes sense to me.

All the best.