Petition to change EFL governance

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Signed it.

There comes a time when you have to try and drag football back a bit...create at least something like a level playing field.

The sheer tribalism of English football fans is the main drawback to doing it.

Yea Blackpool f.ooked up....Blackburn..Coventry and Us a few years ago.

If ALL football fans got together for a single month and ALL did summatt about it...We would be halfway to getting it back to where clubs like Wednesday have a chance.

I'm not naive enough to think that would happen, but if a small opportunity presents itself I'm going to help it along.

Sure Blackpool fans didn't complain when they marched up to the Prem..Same as Carlos wasn't Satan incarnate when we marched on Wembley...

Divide and conquer....and as we as football fans are already divided, in fact the divisions are more or less part of our whole footballing culture....Its a total doddle to take the p*ss isn't it?

But surely it's your tribalism that is saying this?  You're only bothered because Wednesday aren't any good any more.  Had we time shifter 25 years and were now where we were in the early 90's I dare say you wouldn't be signing the petition.  I can't imagine there will be many/any Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs et al. fans signing this.  It's just.  There's only ever 20 places in the top flight.  Not everyone can be successful. 

Just not bothered...

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

But surely it's your tribalism that is saying this?  You're only bothered because Wednesday aren't any good any more.  Had we time shifter 25 years and were now where we were in the early 90's I dare say you wouldn't be signing the petition.  I can't imagine there will be many/any Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs et al. fans signing this.  It's just.  There's only ever 20 places in the top flight.  Not everyone can be successful. 

It was different in the early 90's...You didn't have one club with multi millions...You didn't have parachute payments rewarding clubs failing with massive amounts of money...

Wednesday have been in the championship/second division or lower for the majority of time I have been watching them, but you could always see them making it back because income was generated on gates and good stewardship...Thats gone out of the window now....Its totally different

It was different in the early 90's...You didn't have one club with multi millions...You didn't have parachute payments rewarding clubs failing with massive amounts of money...

Wednesday have been in the championship/second division or lower for the majority of time I have been watching them, but you could always see them making it back because income was generated on gates and good stewardship...Thats gone out of the window now....Its totally different

It's certainly still down to good stewardship.  And FFP to an extent levels the playing field.  Yes parachute payments make it slanted, but they aren't the be all and end all (look at the bottom of the Championship to see that).  Ultimately well run clubs succeed and poorly run ones don't.  Well run clubs with lesser finances still succeed over poorly run ones with pots of cash.

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, Prince said:

Fan ownership isn't an option these days. The guys with the money will just force through their will no matter what the fans want.

Good. Can you imagine Wednesday being owned by some of the loonies on here?

• Haha 3

The trouble is it's never going to go back to how it was.

Clubs, owners, players, agents etc are too used to the big money now, and even if a government wanted to act on the petition they wouldn't be able to just confiscate the existing monies.

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

It's certainly still down to good stewardship.  And FFP to an extent levels the playing field.  Yes parachute payments make it slanted, but they aren't the be all and end all (look at the bottom of the Championship to see that).  Ultimately well run clubs succeed and poorly run ones don't.  Well run clubs with lesser finances still succeed over poorly run ones with pots of cash.

Parachute payments are a joke...Its a massive advantage coming back down to the Championship with multi millions while clubs struggle with FFP....Its an unfair competition.

People are looking back with tinted glasses anyway.

Clubs like Everton, Liverpool, Man U etc in the 80’s and early 90’s still had mega rich money men behind them. It’s now just new money and more of it.

5 minutes ago, Will69 said:

People are looking back with tinted glasses anyway.

Clubs like Everton, Liverpool, Man U etc in the 80’s and early 90’s still had mega rich money men behind them. It’s now just new money and more of it.

Teams like Forest and Villa won the Europen cup as well

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Teams like Forest and Villa won the Europen cup as well

And they had money. Big time. What point are you making? They were big city clubs, with huge support and money men behind them willing to pay top managers and recruit top players of their day. Rich owners and directors have always come and gone and clubs risen and fell for all time. It’s the nature of the beast.

Football is a mess

. Agents and advisers need to be banned from the game permanently. The PFA  is there if players want representation over contracts and transfers.

There should be a ticket price cap for each division so clubs cannot fleece fans anymore. My structure would be £30 in the prem for home AND away fans. £20 in the championship . £15 in league one and £10 in league two. 

27 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Parachute payments are a joke...Its a massive advantage coming back down to the Championship with multi millions while clubs struggle with FFP....Its an unfair competition.

Yeah I mean look at all the success Sunderland and Hull are having this season.  Along with Norwich over the last couple.

13 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

A players wage cap would sort it

I mean sure, make it a very attractive one, cut out the agents....drop the players salary by a few grand...Its not as though the majority of 'em are suddenly gonna say "F.ook that" and be a bus conductor is it?

No, they'll all f.ook off to China, Spain, France, wherever the money is.

Just not bothered...

8 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Yeah I mean look at all the success Sunderland and Hull are having this season.  Along with Norwich over the last couple.

Let them go . Id rather see players who want to play to win things ,rather than mercenaries who`s priority is money.  

15 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

And the problem with that is?

17 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Let them go . Id rather see players who want to play to win things ,rather than mercenaries who`s priority is money.  

How is wanting to earn the most money in your career being a mercenary?  If a rival company offered you double your wage to do the same job, would you turn them down in loyalty to your current employer?  Would you f*ck!  :carlos:

Just not bothered...

It's bad enough having the premier league and sky feckin us over . Can you just imagine the utter shambles if the government got involved. All the government are interested in is lining their own pockets ; just take a look at their "expenses" claims pmsl.