Petition to change EFL governance

54 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Yeah I mean look at all the success Sunderland and Hull are having this season.  Along with Norwich over the last couple.

No, they'll all f.ook off to China, Spain, France, wherever the money is.

The point about parachute payments is valid... what they do with it is another matter.

WTF!?

As my username suggests, this is an area of interest to me and independent  regulation of football is something that I looked into a few years ago. I even met with a relatively prominent political figure to discuss the idea.

I tried to relate some of the banking problems of the time to the beautiful game - systemic importance, disproportionate and irrational risk taking, financial mismanagement, customers mistreated, greed and a lack of accountability are all problems that one can relate to football nowadays. There’s certainly a case for football clubs being answerable to an independent body that has the power to sanction clubs if they overstep the mark.

The difficulty, as has been pointed out already, is that we would be going it alone (or leading the way depending on the way you want to look at it). As a rule, banks are all now moving in the same direction across the globe but rules are set globally and enforced at a country level. I somehow can’t see the same happening in football unless the game experiences a shock like the banking system did a decade ago.

I have signed the petition though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Regulator said:

As my username suggests, this is an area of interest to me and independent  regulation of football is something that I looked into a few years ago. I even met with a relatively prominent political figure to discuss the idea.

I tried to relate some of the banking problems of the time to the beautiful game - systemic importance, disproportionate and irrational risk taking, financial mismanagement, customers mistreated, greed and a lack of accountability are all problems that one can relate to football nowadays. There’s certainly a case for football clubs being answerable to an independent body that has the power to sanction clubs if they overstep the mark.

The difficulty, as has been pointed out already, is that we would be going it alone (or leading the way depending on the way you want to look at it). As a rule, banks are all now moving in the same direction across the globe but rules are set globally and enforced at a country level. I somehow can’t see the same happening in football unless the game experiences a shock like the banking system did a decade ago.

I have signed the petition though.

Fifa, the awful institution that it is, holds all the power and all the cards.

2 hours ago, The Regulator said:

As a rule, banks are all now moving in the same direction across the globe but rules are set globally and enforced at a country level.

The FA?

FIFA>UEFA>FA>COUNTY FA/LEAGUE?

Blackpool look in a mess the Oyston v Belekon case in December ordered the Oystons to pay him 31 million plus court costs 

the first instalment as been paid 10m plus two more are due soon , the clock is ticking as even the accounts have a big ⚠️ To say if it’s not turned over in the high court the business can’t carry on as a going concern ......

Real shame that clubs have to suffer like this just look at those gates to what it was .

F8661BD9-6E65-4A2F-BDCA-B1619F128417.jpeg

5 minutes ago, shireowl said:

Blackpool look in a mess the Oyston v Belekon case in December ordered the Oystons to pay him 31 million plus court costs 

the first instalment as been paid 10m plus two more are due soon , the clock is ticking as even the accounts have a big ⚠️ To say if it’s not turned over in the high court the business can’t carry on as a going concern ......

Real shame that clubs have to suffer like this just look at those gates to what it was .

F8661BD9-6E65-4A2F-BDCA-B1619F128417.jpeg

Regardless of how much the fans of the club hate the owners they turned up in vast numbers when the club was doing well, fickle bunch eh?

If they don’t go to the club they will send it to the wall. Simple as that.

1 hour ago, Will69 said:

Regardless of how much the fans of the club hate the owners they turned up in vast numbers when the club was doing well, fickle bunch eh?

If they don’t go to the club they will send it to the wall. simple as that .

Wow fans turn up when club does well shocker !

Nothing is as simple as that in football some say bleeding it dry taking out millions and only having 5 players on the books when relegated to the championship was a pi55 poor decision by those in charge and who knows the reason why ,

The 3.5k regular fans still deserve better in my opinion .....

Just now, shireowl said:

Wow fans turn up when club does well shocker !

Nothing is as simple as that in football some say bleeding it dry taking out millions and only having 5 players on the books when relegated to the championship was a pi55 poor decision by those in charge and who knows the reason why ,

The 3.5k regular fans still deserve better in my opinion .....

There is no logic to it. Turn up, protest, hold up banners, turn your back on the game, demonstrate etc by all means. Losing 12k fans per game? Send your club to the wall to spite the owners?

Nope. Pathetic. Once it’s gone it’s gone. Any new club isn’t the same club.

14 minutes ago, Will69 said:

There is no logic to it. Turn up, protest, hold up banners, turn your back on the game, demonstrate etc by all means. Losing 12k fans per game? Send your club to the wall to spite the owners?

Nope. Pathetic. Once it’s gone it’s gone. Any new club isn’t the same club .

Maybe the fans of Leicester,Leeds ,Palace ,Middlesbrough,Derby,Ipswich might argue differently ?

Most fans want to go see a ball kicked around on a Saturday a quick pint and a pie at half time and come home safe ,

owners who act like god and pi55 on fans from a great height need to be looked at by those that rule the game after all if owners are checked to see if they are deemed fit for purpose when buying into a club  why not after ! 

6 minutes ago, shireowl said:

Maybe the fans of Leicester,Leeds ,Palace ,Middlesbrough,Derby,Ipswich might argue differently ?

Most fans want to go see a ball kicked around on a Saturday a quick pint and a pie at half time and come home safe ,

owners who act like god and pi55 on fans from a great height need to be looked at by those that rule the game after all if owners are checked to see if they are deemed fit for purpose when buying into a club  why not after ! 

I’m not defending rogue owners, not even close. But fans purposefully killing the clubs they espouse to love to spite the owner is pathetic.

And no, new clubs aren’t the same club. If we went to the wall and a new FC Sheffield Wednesday type club came about then I wouldn’t even consider it. I’d pack it up.

As for the clubs you noted, Leicester City began as Leicester Fosse and changed their name, they didn’t get liquidated and start again, so that’s not a useful example. Leeds United have literally no link to Leeds City, they are/we’re totally different clubs. Leeds United have never been liquidated. Both Leeds and Leicester have been in administration and sold on etc but never liquidated. Palace don’t even have tenuous links to another extinct local club, they did change their nickname, ground and club colours but lots of clubs have done this, us included. They have never been liquidated either, so no idea what you’re getting at with them.

Boro are an oddity of a bygone era. When they called in the liquidators Gibson was on the board and with just TEN minutes to spare re-registered the club with the Football League and saved them. In truth though they are an entirely new club, with a new name, new crest etc but in those days it was such a bizarre situation for clubs of that size to go to the wall they kept their identity and heritage in a roundabout way. But move on the the whole Wimbleon/MK Dons saga and clubs since who have called in liquidators and modern football has had to look for ways to deal with what is becoming a fairly common loophole for lesser clubs to exploit to clear debts resulting in cases such as Halifax Town not being formally recognised as the same club as F.C. Halifax Town.

So no, I wouldn’t support a new F.C. Sheffield Wednesday. The heritage, history etc wouldn’t be there.

57 minutes ago, Bolsover owl said:

You really are an t w a t aren't you? If nobody agrees with you then you just waffle on and on and on.

Do us all a favour and go back under that rock you crawled out of, yeah this maybe a discussion but your turning it into something that it isn't.

Sign it or not simple as that crack pot!

#yourFAKENEWS

Erm, so you don’t agree then?

Post not poster please. This constant response by people who don’t like actual considered and logical conversation is just downright weird.

21 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Erm, so you don’t agree then?

Post not poster please. This constant response by people who don’t like actual considered and logical conversation is just downright weird.

What is your aim in life? Just to be a bell end I think I might be right....have you ever thought, why people want the government to get involved with this corrupt system, to evoke change.

Because as we have sang, Leeds, milwall and everyother club have sang that they are in fact corrupt. But what I find weird is that numptys like you seem to be so blind to it.

Don't sign it I don't care you really are an idea end of story.

What are you going on about post not poster you really are not normal.

Just now, Bolsover owl said:

What are you going on about post not poster you really are not normal.

The actual motto and rules of the site you’re posting on?

1 minute ago, Bolsover owl said:

have you ever thought, why people want the government to get involved with this corrupt system, to evoke change.

Because as we have sang, Leeds, milwall and everyother club have sang that they are in fact corrupt. But what I find weird is that numptys like you seem to be so blind to it.

Of course I have thought about it, I have actually discussed it in this very thread. In short what I said is the Government can be just as corrupt as anyone else and aren’t an “independent body” either. Also FIFA, UEFA etc will instaban our teams if we allow the Government to interfere, this is a well trodden path.

4 minutes ago, Bolsover owl said:

What is your aim in life? Just to be a bell end I think I might be right....

Post not poster please, this isn’t about me.

17 hours ago, Will69 said:

And they had money. Big time. What point are you making? They were big city clubs, with huge support and money men behind them willing to pay top managers and recruit top players of their day. Rich owners and directors have always come and gone and clubs risen and fell for all time. It’s the nature of the beast.

Forest had HUGE support?...really?