Sheffield Wednesday Hospitality - Good impression

8 hours ago, MAL said:

I know this is on a small scale, but i think it is worth sharing.

On Sunday, my Sister and Brother in Law, took my Mum (89) and Dad (93) for Mother's Day Dinner at Dooley's restaurant at Hillsborough.

While they were there, a surprise guest walked in for a chat to everybody, Mr Dejphon Chansiri.

DC went round everybody, and chatted to them for a fair period of time.

DC even asked my Mother (who will talk as much as he does, and is not backward at coming forward), what he could do to improve things.

DC had a laugh when she said buy a new team.

Anyway, when they had finished their meal and drinks, they asked for the bill to pay...

They were told there wasn't anything to pay, as Mr chansiri had settled the bill.

I liked him before, i like him more now.

Top man.

Definitely worth sharing. Brought a smile to my face this, and I’m sure the same of many others.

Most will agree DC definitely has his heart in the right place and has the right intentions for SWFC. But cares so much that he always has to intervene, when he gets it right, which I believe he will. We will be an animal which this league cannot stop. 

Guest Bulgaria
9 hours ago, MAL said:

I know this is on a small scale, but i think it is worth sharing.

On Sunday, my Sister and Brother in Law, took my Mum (89) and Dad (93) for Mother's Day Dinner at Dooley's restaurant at Hillsborough.

While they were there, a surprise guest walked in for a chat to everybody, Mr Dejphon Chansiri.

DC went round everybody, and chatted to them for a fair period of time.

DC even asked my Mother (who will talk as much as he does, and is not backward at coming forward), what he could do to improve things.

DC had a laugh when she said buy a new team.

Anyway, when they had finished their meal and drinks, they asked for the bill to pay...

They were told there wasn't anything to pay, as Mr chansiri had settled the bill.

I liked him before, i like him more now.

Top man.

Good story that.

Did our chairman offer them 4 year contracts?

Brilliant from DC

remember when he turned up to Airport with Playoff final tickets for fans travelling from Australia, and when he went to visit the fan in hospital who was taken I’ll at Hillsborough? one thing is for sure he is a top bloke who cares a lot about other people and specially the fans 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

He genuinely does seem a nice guy.  I saw him in Sheffield near the Mercure one Sat night earlier this year and - perhaps a bit intrusively! - intercepted him.  Talked for two or three minutes, and he was quite open.

Had he just had a wazz ? Seriously tho he does seem very genuine and passionate about all things Wednesday.

10 hours ago, steelowl said:

Aargh nearer to ffp sanction now then I blame mal

nice gesture DC 

Nah, it's brilliant marketing by Chansiri.

Dooley's will be rammed for the next few months with people expecting freebies only to find that Chansiri is in Thailand and that Katrien says they have to pay up. 

But i agree, nice gesture. DC does strike me as being a genuinely nice bloke. Generous with his money, but generous with his time too. Top Man.

Think is the Thai culture. Was on holiday over there couple of years ago. Been to a street market and was enjoying some food sat on a wall. An elderly gent opposite ushered us onto his patio to eat more comfortably and even supplied bottles of water for us.

1 hour ago, GEE said:

Brilliant from DC

remember when he turned up to Airport with Playoff final tickets for fans travelling from Australia, and when he went to visit the fan in hospital who was taken I’ll at Hillsborough? one thing is for sure he is a top bloke who cares a lot about other people and specially the fans 

i think we all hope (and not just in our own selfish interest) that things will work out for the guy.