Early Bird Season Ticket deadline approaching faster than a Jermaine Johnson run at goal

Guest The Horse

I can't get enough of Sheffield Wednesday. It's a drug and I'm a sucker for it regardless of where we play - Premier, League 1, Champions League, Future Galactic Infinite League Zero, Heaven, Hell or even Grimsby.

All signed up.

Bring it on, mutha funsters.

3 minutes ago, Geosword said:

I can't get enough of Sheffield Wednesday. It's a drug and I'm a sucker for it regardless of where we play - Premier, League 1, Champions League, Future Galactic Infinite League Zero, Heaven, Hell or even Grimsby.

All signed up.

Bring it on, mutha funsters.

Sponsored by Slurm.

On 12/03/2018 at 13:35, Hookowl said:

Glad you posted this I thought the deadline was end of March, better get my finger out.

I don't buy a season ticket so perhaps this date is annual, but why is there this dramatic daily email 

is it an end of tax year get cash in quick type of thing ?

I realise there has to be a cut off  but why so short?  

some people may be struggling to find the cash 

image.png.4c0b9feb070d4766eff51328fae2374b.png

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I don't buy a season ticket so perhaps this date is annual, but why is there this dramatic daily email 

Don't think it's end of tax year as SWFC financial year ends in May according to how the accounts were published.

I presume it is just a marketing strategy.

6 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Can't see why it can't be the end of march when everyone will have been paid.

8 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Don't think it's end of tax year as SWFC financial year ends in May according to how the accounts were published.

I presume it is just a marketing strategy.

6 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Can't see why it can't be the end of march when everyone will have been paid.

It's not Rocket science is it lads ..

You really would like to think that there is someone sat at a marketing desk at Hillsborough thinking like minded wouldn't you?

Still you could bang it on a card get a balance transfer and pay 0% on it ..

That's what I would do if I had that predicament ..

Even better if you have some more overheads coming up like car insurance council tax /house insurance etc 

Thanks for watching

O/g's money supermarket thread ....lol

• Haha 1

Just got back after  extending my 3yr ticket by a further 3 yrs . The cash was taken from my card fine and the pay m/c receipt was given to me . All was fine until the system would not let the guy do the rest of the booking in on the system. After 10 mins trying it was decided to get it sorted out later and the club would ring me about the official receipt which we normally get from the club .

Can add this to the SNAFU year the club has had ---- #  Only At Wednesday

I went in to the shop yesterday with £5k intent on handing it all over for a 5 year extension to my sons and my North Stand season ticket and walked back out with 4k of it on a point of principal

Of the 5 year extension the lad will be U21 for 1 year and U25 for 4 years so my calculation was that he should pay 1/5th of the 5 year U21 price added to 4/5ths of the 5 year U25 price

Apparently not......he's not allowed to buy a 5 year ticket....has to do 2 separate transactions.....a 1 year U21 price with no multi year discount and a 4 year U25 price with the 4, not 5 year discount

I pointed out this seemed unfair that he wouldn't get the same discount as others despite still paying for 5 years up front (6 if you count the fact that hes still got 1 of his current 3 year deal to go) and was told "ah but he'll still save a fortune when we get in to the prem".....I save the swear filter some work by not repeating what I said in response to that!

So I just added another year on to his and mine.....and got asked "I understand why you wont do 5 years extra on his but why does that stop you taking an extra 5 years on yours"

Because it just does.....and its also stopped me buying myself that dream team picture that I was 90% down the road of taking home with me as well!

13 minutes ago, Ian said:

I went in to the shop yesterday with £5k intent on handing it all over for a 5 year extension to my sons and my North Stand season ticket and walked back out with 4k of it on a point of principal

Of the 5 year extension the lad will be U21 for 1 year and U25 for 4 years so my calculation was that he should pay 1/5th of the 5 year U21 price added to 4/5ths of the 5 year U25 price

Apparently not......he's not allowed to buy a 5 year ticket....has to do 2 separate transactions.....a 1 year U21 price with no multi year discount and a 4 year U25 price with the 4, not 5 year discount

I pointed out this seemed unfair that he wouldn't get the same discount as others despite still paying for 5 years up front (6 if you count the fact that hes still got 1 of his current 3 year deal to go) and was told "ah but he'll still save a fortune when we get in to the prem".....I save the swear filter some work by not repeating what I said in response to that!

So I just added another year on to his and mine.....and got asked "I understand why you wont do 5 years extra on his but why does that stop you taking an extra 5 years on yours"

Because it just does.....and its also stopped me buying myself that dream team picture that I was 90% down the road of taking home with me as well!

I had a similar issue, albeit at the other end of the discount range.

I have one year left on my three year Season Ticket and qualify for a Senior concession (over 65) at the start of season 2022/23.  I would have had to buy a three year extension at full price and a two year extension at the two year senior rate.  I expected, as you did, that I would pay 3/5 of the five year full price and 2/5 of the 5 year concession rate.

I ended up buying a one year extension, 9 months interest free, on my Owls Mastercard.

7 minutes ago, wisewoodowl said:

I had a similar issue, albeit at the other end of the discount range.

I have one year left on my three year Season Ticket and qualify for a Senior concession (over 65) at the start of season 2022/23.  I would have had to buy a three year extension at full price and a two year extension at the two year senior rate.  I expected, as you did, that I would pay 3/5 of the five year full price and 2/5 of the 5 year concession rate.

I ended up buying a one year extension, 9 months interest free, on my Owls Mastercard.

Ridiculous isn't it.....they did say that someone aged 63 would have the same issue....as though 2 wrongs made a right!.....and that lots of people had brought this up

WELL BLOODY SORT IT THEN

They just don't get it....son has a placement year next season, probably down south and then another year at Uni before he starts real grown up life and I'd had a long chat with him about committing to another 6 years of season tickets when he didn't know where he'd be or what he'd be doing. He gave me a firm "I've invested too much of my life in all this to walk away now....I'll be in it for life just like you"....which I was happy to hear.....and the club could have had his money and commitment over that transitional period....but now he's got an easy get out clause at a cross roads in his life.....not that I'm saying he'll take it but you'd have thought the club wouldn't want that option to exist

Guest addedtime

Why the push for it being just after pay day? If you have the money just after pay day, can't it be saved until mid month anyway?

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Unbelieveable.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Where did the other Grand go , two home shirts ? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Did you buy any 50p posters from the bargain bin?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, addedtime said:

Why the push for it being just after pay day? If you have the money just after pay day, can't it be saved until mid month anyway?

Could depend on yer overdraught limit....

Pay the Leccy first

mortgage second etc...

No enough in yer overdraught limit to get season ticket....

Pay day

get yer season ticket...

wait for the red letters..............

8 hours ago, Ian said:

Totally get why you’re frustrated but in reality it seems the only person who it will cost is you.

You see like the person who will pretty much always renew so you’re going to end up costing yourself money in the long run.

if you’re principles on this are worth a few hundred quid then all power to you, but in the cold light of day you could just be cutting your nose off to spite your face