Passion from Jos the Boss.

Guest samowl

Guest Maxine
1 minute ago, pinowl said:

So you'd be angry if we won the league next season but saw Jos looking stern???? Give me a break FFS.... the guy is working with tools he has. End of.

No I wouldn't be angry at all. 

I wish he'd show a bit though. 

1 minute ago, Maxine said:

No I wouldn't be angry at all. 

I wish he'd show a bit though. 

Some managers do and some don't. I guess it's easier to show passion with the spoils that come with the Premiership. If Jos fails next season  then fair play. I really do think we will be Kings of the Weekend next season  once dead wood is gone and hopefully refreshed ... partial to a bit o' Pine mi sen like  lol

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, pinowl said:

Would LOVE to see what you can make out of the squad. FFS like the previous guy said ..  fighting a fire with holes in the bucket of water. This season written off granted but WE ARE NOT going down. Grow a pair. End of. In Jos I trust.

But we managed to beat a very good Derby side and go toe to toe with Villa with this so called terrible squad. This would suggest to me that he does have the tools but is incapable of using them correctly.

Listen, i dont dislike the bloke, he seems a nice chap, but i personally dont think he is the man for the job.

6 hours ago, Brammy said:

Passion doesn't make a great manager, but encouragement and direction go a long way. I don't see either from Jos during the game. 

Surely encouragement and direction are mostly deployed off the field before matches start. I thought the players were all trying hard yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

But we managed to beat a very good Derby side and go toe to toe with Villa with this so called terrible squad. This would suggest to me that he does have the tools but is incapable of using them correctly.

Listen, i dont dislike the bloke, he seems a nice chap, but i personally dont think he is the man for the job.

But the majority of us don't know what's happening in training pal. Can we at least as a collective finish the season  knowing that we are safe and go from there. Them blunt b@st@rD$ won't do owt league wise and if they do I'll eat mi head with mi hat on it 

24 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Surely encouragement and direction are mostly deployed off the field before matches start. I thought the players were all trying hard yesterday. 

If that's the case then what's the point of managers/coaches attending games?!?

Whether or not they were trying hard is irrelevant to the point I was making. You could stick 11 of us on the field and I'm certain we'd all give 100% for the cause. But if what we were doing wasn't working what difference would it make?

Surely that's where the manager fits into the equation?

4 hours ago, pinowl said:

I concur pal. Granted it's the 150th but we've not half been dealt a bad set of cards. I don't blame Jos for not doing cartwheels at this stage of the season. He's working with the tools he's got ... we've ALL yet to see what he can potentially accomplish.

Yes, and what many forget is that we're not Real Madrid with a squad of galacticos.

People say "these second-string players are pants", but how in God's name can you have two Forestieris in the squad, for example?

It's difficult enough to keep one happy, let alone two.

How many times have fans said in the past two years "we miss Lee", "we're missing Bannan", "how long's FF out for?", "we could do with Hutchinson back", "we're not the same without Hoops"?

Plenty, except this time they're all out at the same time.

9 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

how in God's name can you have two Forestieris in the squad, for example?

It's difficult enough to keep one happy, let alone two.

Just on this point I reckon it's definitely worth trying

Get two of them, and then if one sulks off you still have one playing

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just on this point I reckon it's definitely worth trying

Get two of them, and then if one sulks off you still have one playing

Wha if they blow you away with some double barrel sulking though???

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah Jos

Wave your arms around and run up and down the touchline 

Maybe shout angrily at the referee

Cos all that worked for Carlos this season innit

Do you think his current approach is working?

The definition if insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results... 

16 hours ago, frastheowl said:

The players are giving their all...they cannot be faulted for their work rate. We aren't winning games, because we aren't very good.

You;ve not seen us play under Jos then... The are certainly NOT giving their all. In fact, i'd hard pushed to say their giving us 50% of what they can at the moment. 

Agreed waving your arms about like some smackhead overdosing might not work, as Conte has shown but you have to say our manager sets new standards for being dour and dull. Imagine him doing the Agincort speech....we'd all be speaking fluent Frog by now