Your Best Day as an Owls Fan That Didn't Involve SWFC

There are only two contenders  May  2 Saint Givens Day and Simonsons Moon shot at Wembley.

Mmmmm  Errrrrrrr Mmmmmm Errrrr Mmmmm Errrrr

There can only be one winner and it has to be St Givens Day. Keith Edwards would agree as it allowed him to score 700 fourth division goals and become the Blunts all time leading scorer lol

• Haha 1

Easy. A pair of Gola trainers, lunch at the Golden Dragon then a mischievous glint in my dad's eye. "Fancy going to watch United v Walsall son? If they lose then they are relegated to Division 4". Ok then and off we went as we left mum shopping in town. A few hours later and a Don Givens pass back to Walsall from the penalty spot, United fans invading the pitch and scenes of grown men weeping on the back of the Kop like a major incident on Casualty. On the bus home a young fan turning to his dad asking is that it then dad we are in Division 4? Yes son we are while another dad and son sat smugly all the way home. Thanks dad for bringing me up, teaching me right from wrong, taking me to watch Wednesday, all those days out and for experiencing Thanks Givens Day.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Yeah, that day at Watford waiting for thanks Givens.

Curran & McC wouldn't kick off the second half as the half times moved across the scoreboard until they saw Utd's.

Watford fans couldn't understand at the end - they'd beaten us and everyone was giggly as fick, falling down stairs & dancing for England.

Even the ICO train (good days eh?) stopped near the sty on return, and everyone hung out of the windows singing their nads off.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, attyjake said:

Blunts away kit red n white..... that makes no sense!

Read something years ago that there was a wee wee tail up with the kit. Think they were a borrowed set. If you closely they are Adidas and they have got somebodys badge on. Might be from Colchester.  They have only wore Adidas in recent years I think.

1 hour ago, Etchesketch said:

Read something years ago that there was a wee wee tail up with the kit. Think they were a borrowed set. If you closely they are Adidas and they have got somebodys badge on. Might be from Colchester.  They have only wore Adidas in recent years I think.

Watching that video pig fans had run from one end of ground to other at half time.

Mine was abroad with family and friends and the play off final was on between Wolves and United.

A few within my party are piggies and a bit giddy and saying what they would do. I was giddy also, though for a Wolves win, as i sat down to watch with pint in hand, wearing Wednesday shirt.

I ended up winning the betting kitty for Wolves 3-0 and also picked up kitty for 1st goalscorer, which I think was Nathan Blake, but may be wrong here. 

Anyway, unbridled joy, the San Miguel never tasted so good - Best day of the holiday.

• Like 1

There's been so many

Nev has already said Don Givens

So I will go with the Blunts selling their two strikers in a transfer window while being in the thick of a promotion race

My memory plays tricks on me and I can never 100% remember which two it was, but I think it was  Agana, and Fjortoff

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

6 hours ago, Dalian said:

Can give you my worst. Beaten to a pulp by four Derby scum for wearing a shirt on holiday in Zante. Four on one not fair odds as was with missus. Cheeky flippers even came back with a cam corder to video a battered me.

Theyr'e good at that are Derby. They once beat an innocent shirt wednesdayite to a pulp outside their new ground. That was more like 20 on to one. In general horrible set of fans.

6 hours ago, e6owl said:

HAS to be Simonson sending it into Row Z at Wembley. The Pigs can celebrate beating us once this season all they want but nothing will ever feel better than the mind the gap season.

Ha has to be this, it’s one of those moments in life we’re you remember exactly where you were, who you were with, what you were drinking at that very second. 

Scorching hot day, don’t think I’ve ever laughed as much in my entire life