Before I left the U.K. I said...

On 24th August last year I left the U.K. to start a new life in Asia, my last game was the 1-1 draw at home to QPR scored by Sam Winnall.

Before I left the U.K. I said that I hoped "Sheffield Wednesday would be a premier league team by the time I return" on that note it looks like I need to start applying for a very very long visa.

I cannot believe what has happened this season, considering that this time last season we were battling every game for a place in the play-offs and going home disappointed if we hadn't beaten a top team, my friends who are season ticket holders have all said the same thing this season, no heart, no spunk and even at times no fitness.

3pm kick offs are at 11pm here and 7:45pm kick offs are 3:45am here, quite often I will stay up to keep an eye on the score and quite often I will regret doing so and wish that I had just got some sleep.

Personally I think we are in BIG trouble now, we have just had 2 home games against very average teams, the perfect opportunity to claw ourselves away from danger and we have picked up a mere 1 point from those games, that is relegation form and I am now very concerned that yesterdays late equaliser will come back to haunt us at the end of the season.

So on a personal level I seemed to have picked a very good season to spend my money travelling around Asia rather than watching that shower.

To all you owls back home who have persisted with them this season good on you, I imagine it has been horrible and painful to watch week in week out and I only hope your patience will be rewarded with survival and the opportunity for the team to start fresh and for you to see some good football next season.

From what I can gather we need a total clear out in the summer, too many has-beens coming to Wednesday for one last pay check, too many players who did put their heart and soul into the team the last 2 years but who are now burnt out from the 2 years of not succeeding and clearly too many players who aren't fit enough to play on a regular basis.

Chansiri and Jos (providing he is still here) need to prepare themselves for a very busy summer of comings and goings no matter what division we will be in next season.

Happy Mothers Day.

UTO!!!

Good and pretty accurate post. The decline has been so quick, severe and painful.

I'm confident we will stay up though, what with our decent  points gap to the relegation zone and games running out and with the seasons end upon us nearly - thankfully.

The late Bolton equaliser was totally gutting, but unlike some other posts that i've  seen since, I did see adequate effort at least yesterday.

Very big season ahead next clearly and with the club really at a massive crossroad of further decline or redemption.

UTO.