Tom Lees....

Thought he had a very good game today making several important tackles. If we are to take a positive out of yesterdays game its his performance.....but also think ahead to a few others coming back and the impact they could have. 3 weeks with just the leeds game hopefully gives them the time needed to get back fit. Bannan, Sammy, Van Aken and maybe FF on the bench. Could be a whole lot better for the run in. UTO

Once again the pre-existing bias of Wednesday fans astounds me. 

Don't get me wrong, Lees had a good game and my post does not mean to detract from that fact... but I've seen numerous posts about Pelupessy being a "twinkletoes" and in generally not very good. Whereas Lees yesterday made several important tackles.

D'yall want a fun fact? Lees and Pelupessy made the same number of tackles yesterday. And interceptions. 

Lees was great... but this post is less about him and more about how different players can do pretty much the same thing yet end up being considered completely differently. 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Don't get me wrong, Lees had a good game and my post does not mean to detract from that fact... but I've seen numerous posts about Pelupessy being a "twinkletoes" and in generally not very good. Whereas Lees yesterday made several important tackles.

D'yall want a fun fact? Lees and Pelupessy made the same number of tackles yesterday. And interceptions. 

Lees was great... but this post is less about him and more about how different players can do pretty much the same thing yet end up being considered completely differently. 

Fascinating...

Why not post this in the Pelupessy thread (is there one?) if it upsets you that much. 

Lees was excellent yesterday. He's a step up from anything else we have on our books in that department. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Fascinating...

Why not post this in the Pelupessy thread (is there one?) if it upsets you that much. 

Lees was excellent yesterday. He's a step up from anything else we have on our books in that department. 

Not sure there is one, and it doesn't upset me, and I definitely don't care enough to make a new thread about it. It's just a phenomena I've recognised from Wednesday fans that's expressed most weeks... and I don't know how intentional it is, but you tend to find that it's the foreign signings that get lambasted while the English players get the plaudits. 

And let's be honest here, just because Joey made the same number of tackles doesn't mean he's comparable to Tom yesterday... who was far more solid and imposing in general.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Not sure there is one, and it doesn't upset me, and I definitely don't care enough to make a new thread about it. It's just a phenomena I've recognised from Wednesday fans that's expressed most weeks... and I don't know how intentional it is, but you tend to find that it's the foreign signings that get lambasted while the English players get the plaudits. 

And let's be honest here, just because Joey made the same number of tackles doesn't mean he's comparable to Tom yesterday... who was far more solid and imposing in general.

I'm struggling to understand your gripe. 

I know Joey got slated recently for one of his displays (not the first time, I might add), but I've seen nothing about him today (probably because he played ok). 

As for foreign players getting targeted all the time...have you missed the Adam Reach thread? 

10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Lies, damned lies, and statistics...

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Total and utter gonads. English players get all the plaudits? Foreign players get lambasted. You've lost the plot there.

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Interesting point but the stats need to be put in context. Lees primarily role is to defend. Joey also has to defend but his other duties such as retaining the ball and creating are just as important. 

What are the stats for passes for both players?

For me, Joey had a decent game but did go for minutes at a time where the game passed him by. 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

You expect a midfielder to make many more tackles and interceptions than a defender

A positive post yet again sees fans argueing......lees tackles stopped their players through on goal on at least 2 maybe 3 occasions...pelupessys broke up play on several occasions. Well done too both of them. My OP was aimed at the hope we can have that a few first teamers could come back and have a POSITIVE impact on the team and hopefully some of the fans

Edited by ex_retfordowl

Guest Arcadianrocket
2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Take it you didn't go to the game and this is why you rely on stats?

Lees is a central defender and Pelupessy a centre midfielder. I would expect at home, a centre midfielder to have won more tackles then our centre backs.

It's early doors, but Pelupessy doesn't look to have much in his locker. He looks lost tbh currently. The game goes on around him.