Game Changers

It was an awful performance from us yesterday and I thought to myself we need to make some changes but looked at the bench and saw the outfield player options of Jones, Fox, Rhodes, Butterfield, Loovens and Palmer I just shook my head.

I know we have an injury crisis but a striker with no confidence and the rest defenders and bang average midfielders there was no one we could throw on to change the game, or provide that spark that we needed. 

I know we can't play Hirst but where was Stobbs? 

18 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

From what I have seen, Stobbs isn't the answer. 

I don't think he is the answer either, but the point was that we were too top heavy with defenders and defensive midfielders on the bench.  I would have liked to have seen another attacking option (Rhodes has no confidence), especially if we were in the position of chasing the game.

1 hour ago, Gresh said:

It was an awful performance from us yesterday and I thought to myself we need to make some changes but looked at the bench and saw the outfield player options of Jones, Fox, Rhodes, Butterfield, Loovens and Palmer I just shook my head.

I know we have an injury crisis but a striker with no confidence and the rest defenders and bang average midfielders there was no one we could throw on to change the game, or provide that spark that we needed. 

I know we can't play Hirst but where was Stobbs? 

Stobbs wouldn’t have strengthened that bench in any way

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Stobbs wouldn’t have strengthened that bench in any way

Rhodes aside, who would you have thrown on from the other players if we were chasing the game?  Stobbs or another attacking player surely would have given us more variety over some of the other bench warmers!

1 hour ago, Gresh said:

Rhodes aside, who would you have thrown on from the other players if we were chasing the game?  Stobbs or another attacking player surely would have given us more variety over some of the other bench warmers!

We weren’t chasing the game so it’s irrelevant.

In any case if seen nothing from Stobbs to suggest he could change a game