Back to one game a week

And breathe...

After eight weeks of back to back matches, we finally have a full week until we play our next game. 

Looking at the performance today, the players might need the rest more than the fans do.

Adam Reach, previously our fittest player by a mile, is really struggling at the minute, and understandably his performances have dropped as a result. 

A week off also gives Jos a bit of time to actually coach the players, rather than just preparing for - and recovering from - games. 

Leeds away isn't the fixture I'd have hoped for next, but i'm not sure what is. 

And after that, another fortnight off. Luxury. 

Just imagine this for a team for the Preston game -

Wildsmith

Hunt-Venancio-Lees-Pudil-Reach

Clare-Hutchinson-Bannan

Joao-Nuhiu

Subs - Dawson, van Aken, Palmer, Pelupessy, Boyd, Rhodes, Matias

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

And breathe...

After eight weeks of back to back matches, we finally have a full week until we play our next game. 

Looking at the performance today, the players might need the rest more than the fans do.

Adam Reach, previously our fittest player by a mile, is really struggling at the minute, and understandably his performances have dropped as a result. 

A week off also gives Jos a bit of time to actually coach the players, rather than just preparing for - and recovering from - games. 

Wildsmith

Clare-Hutchinson-Bannan

Joao-Nuhiu

What no Butterfield WTF:lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, KivoOwl said:

And breathe...

Wildsmith

Clare-Hutchinson-Bannan

Joao-Nuhiu

Reach at left back. :ghoulguy::wacko::ghoulguy::wacko:

1 hour ago, KivoOwl said:

And breathe...

Wildsmith

Clare-Hutchinson-Bannan

Joao-Nuhiu

Thats how I see it regarding the team. Reach has got to be wing back and Hutch  and Bannan need to come back in midfield once fit.

I thought we'd get a point from these two fixtures. Though I thought we'd draw with Ipswich and lose today as it's always the scrapper teams we really struggle against. 

Agree with Kivos OP,  the manager has been saying for weeks thst he's barely had a chance to properly work with the players with the thick and fast run of games and the need for proper rest in between with our skeleton squad.  I'm hopeful that he'll have the opportunity to do so now the fixtures start slimming down a bit. Added to this we have players to come back into the fold.  Players who I'm sure will open up his options not just in selection but in system.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Let’s hope these players put in a little bit more effort and desire against Leeds. Getting beaten by them would really pi$$ me off on top of all this rubbish. 

Thankfully they are hardly pulling any trees up at the minute. Might be a good time to play them, especially if we can give the players a rest and get Hutch back in the squad alongside Bannan