Were the subs right today?

It was just nice to see Jos utilising his subs bench. I think he sees the 90 minutes while we're playing as his time off for the week since he's been here... 

They obviously weren't right as we didn't win the game. But like you say, hindsight is a wonderful thing

2 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

I thought he was 15 mins too late taking Nuhui off

He was blowing from about 60 mins in

woild have maybe brought Clare off when we went 1 up and brought Jones on

The only reason he didn’t bring him off was that he knows Rhodes has no affect on the game at all!!

Don’t think there was anything wrong with the subs he made, my question would be the subs he had on the bench, not many attacking options and surely we could have dropped one of the defenders and had one of the more attacking players  from the youth team?

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Personally I thought Jos made the correct changes today at the right time with the right players

Hindsight is wonderful but surely nobody can really criticise Jos using his subs like that today?

Rhodes should have started, dave is best when he comes off the bench, we were coping ok then jos brings on 2 defensive players, fox and jones, didnt work imo

1 hour ago, stevewhiterose said:

The bench was totally uninspiring today. Unless someone was injured there seemed little point in using any subs.

Good job we weren't behind and looking for a equaliser, I don't think we had anyone on the bench who could have changed the game.