9 games left

Forget: Wolves, Fulham, Preston - they’re zero points. Sunderland, Leeds, QPR,  Hull are all away so it’s anyone’s guess. If Sunderland still haven’t won a home game by the time we go there they’ll beat us convincingly. That leaves Reading and Norwich at home, both winnable, but equally they’re games we could  lose. My heart says 12 points, my head is saying we might scrape 3. It depends greatly on who is going to be fit, especially as Leeds precedes a two week break. Bannan, Van Aken, Hutch, Fessi fit for Easter weekend, we might just get out of this mess.   

11 minutes ago, the third man said:

You always stay up because of worse teams

if there had been 21 teams better than us last season we would have gone down

PS 4 points from last 9 games, enough to stay up

Thanks for explaining that. I wondered how it worked.

Still not quite sure how this has gone quite so pear shaped as it has in the past three weeks - because the performance against Villa if replicated over the final nine games would be good enough to get us ten points or so.

The two glimmers are that poor though we were yesterday, especially in the second half, I did think we were better than we were against Ipswich.  And just two more games this calendar month.

Personally I would probably keep the current squad for the Leeds game and hope to get a bore draw. That would give 3 weeks for the likes of Bannan, Hutch, Van Aken and Forestieri to get fit for the Easter weekend games, Preston (H) and Sunderland (A). Where maybe we could get a win from those two with the better players back 

It could be an exciting end to the season exactly as in 2008 when we played Norwich at home for the last match and needed to win to ensure Championship safety.

'The final goal sparked wild celebrations at a sold-out Hillsborough as the Owls ended a wretched season on a high note - and Burton was the hero of the hour.

A crowd of 36,208, the biggest in the Championship this season, was a fitting send-off for the Owls and popular manager Brian Laws, whose side has been decimated by injury throughout the campaign.' BBC report 4th May 2008

• Like 1

8 points clear, 9 if you count a vastly superior goal difference.

9 games left, Sunderland, Birmingham and Burton at least 8 points behind and haven’t got close to averaging a point a game so far.

ERGO safety assured

33 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

It could be an exciting end to the season exactly as in 2008 when we played Norwich at home for the last match and needed to win to ensure Championship safety.

'The final goal sparked wild celebrations at a sold-out Hillsborough as the Owls ended a wretched season on a high note - and Burton was the hero of the hour.

A crowd of 36,208, the biggest in the Championship this season, was a fitting send-off for the Owls and popular manager Brian Laws, whose side has been decimated by injury throughout the campaign.' BBC report 4th May 2008

10 years on....SpookyWTF:

What happened in 2009:duntmatter:

Edited by pride_of_the_road