Not a chance in hell we're going down

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

The team and manager that we’ve had this week won’t win another game this season, so we’ll have to draw our way to survival and hope that’s enough.

2 wins in the last 21 matches.. have we ever been on a run that bad? 

20 winless in 1975.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2012/march/club-records/

You young UN's have never had it so good.   

And the irony is that we again played awfully, got a point, and yet extended the gap  between us and bottom three to eight points.

I still reckon that four points should see us safe but, I agree, that seeing where those four points are going to come from is very difficult right now.

Bizarrely, after yesterday's dismal showing, I'm more confident of staying up than I was at the start of the week. 

We are woeful (would be relegated in any other season), but the teams below us are just as crap. 

One or two wins and I think we will be fine...though that is easier said than done with this current shower. 

Guest Bulgaria
43 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

I genuinely think that’s the feeling in the management and dressing room. It’s just this sort of complacency that will get us relegated!

Everyone needs a urgency pill and a big dose of passion to show they bloody well care! 

I was a guest of the match ball sponsor and went into into the dressing room before a game a few weeks back and it was like a morgue - nobody saying a word, no music, no one talking, no nothing, totally flat. No mouthy leaders.

Only reason we might not go down is Fessi is back soon, and just in time......

Sounds like Joss and his sparkling personality is rubbing off onto the players.  I actually think he might have rigor mortise.

IF we do stay up, then I will genuinely lose my sh*t if our fans given the players some sort of standing ovation. 

Couldn't believe there were pockets of fans yesterday applauding their "efforts". 

15 hours ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

But do they have to hit promotion form? 3 wins and a draw (hardly promotion form)gets them 10 points. They are 8 behind us. I genuinely don't think we will get 3 more points this season based on our last 5 performances.  Fulham home (L) Preston home (L)  Reading home (D) Norwich home (L)

Leeds away (L) Sunderland away (D) QPR away (L) Hull City away (L) Wolves away (L)

Now you can debate Hull away but seriously tell me why you think we will win ANY of our remaining games (unless we get a new manager in and get a bounce of a win or two)

My pot is always half full.

IF Birmingham, Burton and Sunderland can put a 4 games unbeaten run together, out of 9 games, that is promotion push and I just cannot see them doing that.

It is all about results now and 9 draws will do me, and with experienced players coming back then I cannot see us NOT getting any more points. 

4 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

My pot is always half full.

IF Birmingham, Burton and Sunderland can put a 4 games unbeaten run together, out of 9 games, that is promotion push and I just cannot see them doing that.

It is all about results now and 9 draws will do me, and with experienced players coming back then I cannot see us NOT getting any more points. 

I hope so mate I really hope so but we definitely ain't getting 9 draws... Plus it don't need all three of them to hit a bit of form does it?  3 go down after all...

Hopefully we can all look back and have a bit of a laugh about this one day...

It would be very nice to get a 95 min winner at ER next week.

Games where we have dropped points this season in the last few minutes off top of my head ..

Cardiff away 2points dropped 

Hull home  2 points dropped 

Villa home  1 points dropped 

Boro home  1 points dropped 

Bolton home  2 points dropped.

8 points dropped in the last few minutes and this needs sorting, IIRC it was an issue under carlos in his early days too.

8 hours ago, Peake said:

I'm in the not worried at all camp, mostly due to how bad those are below us. Can't believe how pessimistic everyone is. Leeds, Sunderland, QPR, Hull and Reading are all 'winnable'. Not that we'll win them all of course but we'll win a couple surely. Then 2 or 3 draws between the rest and we'll be more than fine. I don't see why we're in meltdown.

Now if we lose the next 3 I'll jump on the band wagon lol

In recent weeks Birmingham, Barnsley, Milwall, Ispwich and Bolton would all have fallen into a similar ,'winnable' category..... WTF: 

On 10/03/2018 at 17:26, @owlstalk said:

We'll be fine in this division

The bottom three are about as bad you can get

Forgot the last time Birmingham won - they are just getting defeat after defeat

Sunderland are as bad and both Birmingham and Sunderland are down and out

If Burton don't go down by staging some comeback in the next few games then it'll be Barnsley that falls

Either way we'll be fine

Agreed.It's going to take a absolute freak set of results from the teams below and us not winning our remaining 9/10 games for us to be in the bottom 3 but then we said that back in the 1989/90 season and look what happen.I'm very confident that we'll still be a Championship side come August time ready for the 2018/19 season.

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

In recent weeks Birmingham, Barnsley, Milwall, Ispwich and Bolton would all have fallen into a similar ,'winnable' category..... WTF: 

Yeah to be fair we might be better off against Wolves and Fulham if the Derby and Villa performances are anything to go off lol

19 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I suspect that most of the contributors on here who think that we are safe, have not been supporting Wednesday for very long.