Not a chance in hell we're going down

Hate to say it but Barnsley have three home games in a row now. Hull, Reading, Burton and Barnsley have a game in hand on us.  We've got to play Hull and Sunderland away, Reading at home.  Without doubt I think the four below us will overtake us if we stay in this form.

Get a few players back?  It generally takes players a month to get firing properly and we've got 6 or 7 weeks left!

The only question is will one of the bottom three then go on a run?  Well, there's three of them so there's a really good chance that one of them will with the stakes at play and the randomness of this league.

I am a lot more fearful than most people at the pub who laughed at me when I put cover bets on a few weeks ago but I am $hitting it right now even more tbf.

Have you looked at our run in?  I seriously can not see where we can win a game.  We'll probably go and lose at Sunderland, then we've got in form Fulham at home, may as well not even turn up to QPR and Wolves away as we'll get nothing.  Other two games before we go and get shafted 4-0 in Wolves victory parade are 6 pointers if there ever was one, against Hull away and Reading at home.

Then Norwich at home on last day where we all know that anything can and will happen.

The nightmare is becoming reality. 

Edited by goodytheowl

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We'll be fine in this division

The bottom three are about as bad you can get

Forgot the last time Birmingham won - they are just getting defeat after defeat

Sunderland are as bad and both Birmingham and Sunderland are down and out

If Burton don't go down by staging some comeback in the next few games then it'll be Barnsley that falls

Either way we'll be fine

One point out of 18. Two league wins out of 21 games. Bottom of the form table. No sign of the next win. I don't share the same confidence as you mate tbh. 

1 hour ago, Ibbo48 said:

I hate to say it but some of us who are a bit longer in the tooth can remember past seasons when there was no way we could go down at this stage but did. 

In those seasons we actually won the odd match during the run in and the impossible happened.

It’s never over till it’s mathematically impossible.

Quite true but I'd rather be in our position than any of the bottom 4.

We should improve when Hutch and Van Aken play the next game and Bannan returns the game after (if all goes well). Hunt was back today which is an improvement on Palmer.

Hunt  Venancio   Lees    Van Aken     Pudil/Fox

Hutch

Boyd                                        Reach

Bannan

Joao

Looks better than it did a few weeks ago. Any others we can recover will just be a bonus.

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Realistically 5 or 6 if we don't get any other players back fit

Me too, even being optimistic I can't see it being more than 7-10. Just hope we don't gift Sunderland a confidence boosting win that could give them some hope & belief.

Guest Theboylangers
8 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

One point out of 18. Two league wins out of 21 games. Bottom of the form table. No sign of the next win. I don't share the same confidence as you mate tbh. 

And those are FACTS. 

Well the first 3 sentences are anyway. 

Edited by Theboylangers

30 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Hope you are right, these are our remaining games, how many points do you think we will get?

Leeds (A)

Preston (H)

Sunderland (A)

Fulham (H)

QPR (A)

HUll (A)

Reading (H)

Wolves (A)

Norwich (H)

I can see us getting only 3 draws out of that lot. I don't think 41 pts will keep us up. 

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

I can see us getting only 3 draws out of that lot. I don't think 41 pts will keep us up. 

I share your concern and normally I pretty much agree with you on most topics. I think we will be alright but it’s more down to the fact that there are 5 other teams that are very poor. It’s a good job as otherwise we would be down this season.

Hopefully the return of some other key players in the next few weeks should help us.

However, I think we can all agree it’s been a disaster this season. So much mismanagement from the Club.

38 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Hope you are right, these are our remaining games, how many points do you think we will get?

Leeds (A)

Preston (H)

Sunderland (A)

Fulham (H)

QPR (A)

HUll (A)

Reading (H)

Wolves (A)

Norwich (H)

Genuinely can't see us winning any of those

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I share your concern and normally I pretty much agree with you on most topics. I think we will be alright but it’s more down to the fact that there are 5 other teams that are very poor. It’s a good job as otherwise we would be down this season.

Hopefully the return of some other key players in the next few weeks should help us.

However, I think we can all agree it’s been a disaster this season. So much mismanagement from the Club.

I sincerely hope you're right Bouncing. 

we have the worst side in the division without a doubt ,if we just stop up it will be on 1 of the lowest points totals ever. burton are world beaters compared to us. brum did double very easily against us ,and we have won 2 of 21 games which if table was based on last 21 games would have us bottom of league 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If Burton don't go down by staging some comeback in the next few games then it'll be Barnsley that falls

Either way we'll be fine

Not sure about the phrase we'll be fine.

I haven't got the best of memories but I can't recall us beating any of the teams below us.

That is a terrible stat. Just embarrassing.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Either way we'll be fine

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Either way we'll be fine

League 1 it is then.