Anyone for a reyt good kit?

How about 4 stripes front and back and while we're it get on to Bukta or Umbro to make it i'm sure they'd jump at the chance. Make sure the collars and cuffs are blue and get our old badge back. Red numbers on the back would be a nice touch too. 

3 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

How about 4 stripes front and back and while we're it get on to Bukta or Umbro to make it i'm sure they'd jump at the chance. Make sure the collars and cuffs are blue and get our old badge back. Red numbers on the back would be a nice touch too. 

Red on our kit ? Wash yer mouth out :biggrin:

20 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

Prefer the new badge, to be honest.

I don't think red on our shirts would go down well - unless it's the blood of a United player!!

Guest The Horse

We had red numbers and names on the backs of the shirts for a while in the 90's.

No one was bothered about it.

Looked good.

_20180310_093657.JPG

Edited by The Horse

I am a child of the 60’s so I like the current kit. Guess I am in a minority, and in the great scheme of things don’t get the furore about the stripes.  

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

47 minutes ago, Geosword said:

We had red numbers and names on the backs of the shirts for a while in the 90's.

No one was bothered about it.

Looked good.

_20180310_093657.JPG

Now that's a shirt, pity no one has invented a time machine.  How we could do with the patron Saint of skill creating some magic out on the pitch  right now.  

Edited by shezzas left peg

Guest The Horse
30 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

Do you reckon gold lettering/numbers would look any better?

Looks good on our third kit at the moment!
I don't mind having (just a bit!!) of red on the shirt. Makes the other lot even more irrelevant in a sense.

Untitled (2).jpg

8 minutes ago, Geosword said:

Looks good on our third kit at the moment!
I don't mind having (just a bit!!) of red on the shirt. Makes the other lot even more irrelevant in a sense.

Untitled (2).jpg

Thats still a mustard and white Leeds kit, don’t care if it’s ‘special’ or not. 

1 hour ago, RevOwl said:

Bukta? Umbro?

Its a no from me :duntmatter:

We had red numbers for something like 20 years between the mid seventies and nineties. The ones they used on the back of the programme were just the right size for my Subbutteo players. :biggrin: 

I can remember a couple of times when our keeper wore a red jersey though. The first time was Martin Hodge in about 1985 when Leicester turned up in a green away kit. They got spanked 5-0 for their impudence.

Then there was this one from about 1990...

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/257-Chris-Turner-Sheffield-Wednesday-Shooting-Stars-Football-Card-/361942575585

Both the nottinghams , Munich , Madrid , manchester and loads of other teams have worn away kits and had flashes of colours on their home kit of their immediate neighbours quite often . Only seems to be us and the Scousers who go mental at the suggestion . We invented them , gave them their name and their ground I don't give a rats if we take their colour off them and make it famous for us aswell . If we had a burgundy away shirt like arsenals celebration home kit I'd be pleased with that . I'd have a home shirt with a red flash under the colar with wawaw written on it . They'd go mad .

Edited by cross owl