BREAKING NEWS - Stripes to return

26 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Just me that thought the quality of the in house kit isn’t actually that bad ? 

I'm probably just being too snobby but the current top looks gash imo. I wouldn't wear it unless I was being paid to. It's the tesco value range equivalent of Ipswich's Adidas one. It's false economy trying to do it on the cheap and it makes the club look semi-pro.

2 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

Can we get a decent manufacturer again, no more of this tacky in house poo. I'm sick of Wednesday looking like a pub league team and being quoted prices of elite brands for something I wouldn't wear in the street.

After the fiasco and lost revenue this season i would think Mrs Chansiri and Chansiri bambinos have their feet pressed hard on the sewing machines and probably have since November.

11 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

I'm probably just being too snobby but the current top looks gash imo. I wouldn't wear it unless I was being paid to. It's the tesco value range equivalent of Ipswich's Adidas one. It's false economy trying to do it on the cheap and it makes the club look semi-pro.

So you won’t buy a kit unless it’s made by a top end ‘brand’ ?

25 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So you won’t buy a kit unless it’s made by a top end ‘brand’ ?

Some of the Sondico ones were alright, I bought the last two Sondico striped ones and even the gray and blue away one so I'm not a brand ***** but it rankles paying top flight premium prices for non premium brands and the actual designs themselves over the last the last few years have ranged from meh at best to god awful.

Edited by TrueOwl

11 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

The badge isn't new tho is it.

It was used up to the 1970's (74, I think) since when we used the other design.

Ok, it isn't "new" but the point remains the same. It ain't going to be changed for the old owl.

9 hours ago, David1867 said:

As per the title, blue and white stripes are coming back. What a great gesture from Mr Chansiri to reverse his decision on the kit. 

Change what decision ??? He has always said stripes were not banned or anything. It’s people like yourself making this kinda rubbish up that’s causing problems. Stop lying 

Guest Jack the Hat

Sometimes I find the stuff on here a bit embarrassing. Theres nothing wrong with changing your kit for a season or two - its a nice change and increases sales. Admittedly last seasons choice was odd, but this years was fully expected and I like it - for a while. The quality of the kit is better than it looks at a distance. How many other teams play with stripes and how many play with the blue body white arms. Its a traditional Wednesday kit. If you want to choose the kit all you have to do is spend millions buying the club.

1 minute ago, Jack the Hat said:

Sometimes I find the stuff on here a bit embarrassing. Theres nothing wrong with changing your kit for a season or two - its a nice change and increases sales. Admittedly last seasons choice was odd, but this years was fully expected and I like it - for a while. The quality of the kit is better than it looks at a distance. How many other teams play with stripes and how many play with the blue body white arms. Its a traditional Wednesday kit. If you want to choose the kit all you have to do is spend millions buying the club.

Ok Mr C.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Cheffield Waynesday said:

Change what decision ??? He has always said stripes were not banned or anything. It’s people like yourself making this kinda rubbish up that’s causing problems. Stop lying 

Think if we are going back to stripes it will be as a goodwill gesture to win some fans over after a poor season.

No way of knowing but suspect if Wednesday were promoted this season say we would never be going back to stripes.

I know in the overall scheme of things stripes on football shirts is not important but really has annoyed me the Ipswich kit this season.

Have read 30+ pages of Steering group thread , and two pages of his thread, and all I have found out is that 'Stripes are coming back' Whilst I love the stripes, it is far from being the only thing in life. I have seen Wednesday play some of their shittiest football in stripes, so surely there MUST be more important things to discuss.