BREAKING NEWS - Stripes to return

2 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Not fussed either way. I like the current kit. 

1 hour ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

ITS flipping tug

1 hour ago, kingsidney said:

Thanks for telling me my opinion. :duntmatter:

I wasn't. i was telling you mine. It's not that hard this whole forum thing.

I offered my personal opinion. 

You made a statement of fact. 

It’s not that hard this speaking English thing is it?

stop being a dozy cheeky monkey

a couple of days ago you said this

Chansiri is a joke. Couldn’t be running the club any worse if he was a pig.
  • Is that a statement of fact or your opinion?

It’s obviously my opinion. What’s that got to do with you acting like a tailface? 

I'm acting like a cheeky monkey because I think the kit is poo? really? I think you've overblown the importance of your own opinion and the ability for people to challenge it.

For the record, this season's kit, in my opinion, is flipping poo.

Thanks I’ll sleep easy tonight. 

I didnt know saying I don’t mind the kit would be such a trigger for you. 

Maybe get some help. 

Are these the minutes from the Steering Group Meeting, lads? ;)

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

I look forward to reading the 1753 pages of material spread over 157 posts about how the shorts or socks are the wrong shade / wrong colour / too black / not black enough and people won't be renewing a season ticket until the disgraceful situation is rectified over the course of the next year.

You're right pal,

Some on here are, stuck in the past, resistant to change and obsessed with their favoured version of the WEDNESDAY KIT.......

To tell you the truth, I think some of them "Don't get out much"!

lol

• Thanks 2

Can we get a decent manufacturer again, no more of this tacky in house poo. I'm sick of Wednesday looking like a pub league team and being quoted prices of elite brands for something I wouldn't wear in the street.

Edited by TrueOwl
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

Can we get a decent manufacturer again, no more of this tacky in house poo. I'm sick of Wednesday looking like a pub league team and being quoted prices of elite brands for something I wouldn't wear in the street.

Pretty sure it'll be in house again unfortunately.

7 hours ago, mogbad said:

Not so much a great gesture. More an acceptance that he didn't realise the importance & significance that a traditional kit means to a clubs supporters. Plus given the clusterfeck of a season that we're having he needs to use any means he can to get the supporters on his side again.

True but all that anyone can ask is that he learns from his mistakes. If he does the same in other areas of running the club then we might just be ok. 

1 hour ago, TrueOwl said:

Just me that thought the quality of the in house kit isn’t actually that bad ? 

17 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Where is a direct quote from Chansiri saying stripes will be back next season? 

BTW, it would make sense for him to do so because the hike in sales would help him avoid ffp. 

I’ve not heard any direct quote from Chansiri confirming this.

Agreed - it would make complete business sense to return to stripes not only for increased sales but to get the fan base back on side. The club is on a downer, there are conspiracy theories coming out re; injuries, he needs to be commercially minded and get everybody up again.

If I was him, I would make a statement about this season saying that it has been a big disappointment, however he has plans to get the players fit and he is focussed on freshening the squad up in the close season. I would confirm that there is a return to stripes with black shorts and the kits will be out from the end of June. 

I honestly don’t know whether we will avoid FFP, obviously he will have some planning around this to avoid it. But, in my opinion he needs to get the fan base back on side given an unbelievable sequence of events over the last 12 months which is down to mismanagement from the Owner and also neglect of our players fitness and conditioning.

24 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Where is a direct quote from Chansiri saying stripes will be back next season? 

BTW, it would make sense for him to do so because the hike in sales would help him avoid ffp. 

There isn't one- he's gone to the loo when the kit talk got going (seriously!)

When he got back it was in full flow , he only half picked up on what had/hadnt been said while he was taking a leak  and the cat pretty much got let out of the bag. It was quite comical really!

8 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

If I were him, I would stick 2 fingers up to the 'Fans' and say F*ck you, I will not spend another penny on the club and sit back and wait for the 'fans' to buy me out so they can run the club.

So you won't be investing then wil you.