The George Hirst press conference

I don't know the RS interviewer's name but he always impresses me with how he puts the questions to the manager.  He always seems to get the tone of the question right to get a calm response back and more importantly, he gets the answer.  That other guy, Statin I think is name is, isn't too good and rubs them up the wrong way, sorry Statin if you are reading this but you maybe ought to learn from you're colleague.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ian_D said:

I don't know the RS interviewer's name but he always impresses me with how he puts the questions to the manager.  He always seems to get the tone of the question right to get a calm response back and more importantly, he gets the answer.  That other guy, Statin I think is name is, isn't too good and rubs them up the wrong way, sorry Statin if you are reading this but you maybe ought to learn from you're colleague.

Thats Staton asking the questions

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

At least you won't have a heart attack.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Didn't Jos walk out of his old job after 6 games in charge due to transfer disagreements?

Indicates he's not exactly the type of character to take poo .

If that's the case, why did he take the job? Did he not watch any of our match footage before signing the contract?

:luhukay:

11 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thats Staton asking the questions

Often he does do well at this - one of the few at RS/Star etc who'll push on important issues where answers aren't forthcoming - but as much as I want answers too, I do reckon that grilling Jos any harder than he does here on this particular matter would be misguided.

I think what was asked here was just about ok, and Jos gave the only answer he really could, but you can see he's tired of it already. It's completely out of his hands as a relative newcomer; perhaps if he'd been at the club a year already he might have some sway, but it's an ongoing situation from before he arrived, and as the newest member of staff (albeit a high-level one), he has to accept some of those things for a while before he can start trying to exert any ifluence at all outside of his immediate remit.

Glad Staton didn't continue to push when that's quite clearly the case, I've seen it done before by him and others and it just sours the atmosphere unnecessarily - it's clear from the first five seconds whether there's any floggability left in certain horses, and this one is clearly brown bread right now as far as Jos is concerned/enabled.

Edited by Mr. Tom

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Pick at it all you want brother 

we all know that’s what it is

You picked the most emotive word you could tho didn't you mate.

Still it gets the response your site advertisers crave i suppose..