STEERING GROUP - Official Matchday Thread

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

It doesn't make me feel big at all, not sure what you are implying. When I think back to that period, feeling big about anything is the last thing that springs to mind. As for it being garbage, I haven't actually said anything other than it was a period of failure - relegation is failure - after which you resigned. I then referenced an article which includes an official statement from you.

Please tell me which part of the post you replied to is 'garbage'?

Ok - we either agree to chill it out or I just close the thread

It's just rock solid tedious petty arguing now

Owlstalk Shop

22 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

lol - my bad, meant to type 'obstropolous'

I know it's a little off topic but I seriously need to thank you for using this word.   Genuinely also, no joke.

When I was young my dad would trot this word out usually in response to me being cheeky after being told off for something.   I had long since forgot but it has brought back some really good old memories.

I know you got the spelling wrong in the first instance, but that's fine also because you had spelled it how he used to pronounce it!!

I am sure he used to pronounce it "obstoplus" and it's a word I have never used myself.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dobbo said:

Embarrassing  (but a Good, timely reminder of how much we've moved on)

we have moved on so much we are up to our nuts in FFP,  1 win in 11 games and only 2 wins in 20 . Our chairman has got rid of our stripes, we have "advisers " who seem to be running the club , and we are in a relegation battle 

Yep , we have moved on so much .:picnic:

43 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Sorry, my bad. Forgot that you resigned after that failure. Left us in a good position though right?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sheffield-wednesday/7733597/Howard-Wilkinson-replaces-Lee-Strafford-as-interim-Sheffield-Wednesday-chairman.html

He left us in a much better position than that moron Allen and his cronies. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It was same when we had players log on and post - people immediately attacked them instead of engaging in a friendly way

Only exception ironically was when Kaven Walker logged on and posted that night and everyone just had a right laugh with him

lol

How mad is that?

ha ha

The username blinds them.

It's bizarre and very blinkered.

Bringing this back on track......

DC actually touched on his 'involvement' in the dressing room at the Steering Group meeting.

He said he goes into the dressing room after the game (when he's here) and thanks the players and the coach for their efforts - win, lose or draw.

When he's not here he texts the coach the same after the games.

That's what he said- take it or leave it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

we have moved on so much we are up to our nuts in FFP,  1 win in 11 games and only 2 wins in 20 . Our chairman has got rid of our stripes, we have "advisers " who seem to be running the club , and we are in a relegation battle 

Yep , we have moved on so much .:picnic:

Haha, thank f**k we've not gone backwards..... lol

The strategic timing for posting has to be credited, only when fans feel a certain level of dejection will certain members post.

It's machiavellianism at it's greatest.

As for people 'going for the throat' - well all I can say to that is it's similar to hiring a tradesman to do some work that is of questionable quality, then when you hire a new man to fix the work the old one pops up telling him how he is doing it wrong.

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

DC actually touched on his 'involvement' in the dressing room at the Steering Group meeting.

He said he goes into the dressing room after the game (when he's here) and thanks the players and the coach for their efforts - win, lose or draw.

Thanks mate

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ok - we either agree to chill it out or I just close the thread

It's just rock solid tedious petty arguing now

This post is on topic and hasn't been replied to yet it's me you quote?

47 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The current manager walked out of his job at a major German side after a few days and he is known as a disciplinarian, do you think he would sit back and allow this if he felt in undermined him? 

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

That's as any good owner of a business would do.   Make your subordinates feel wanted and they will wish to perform better.

The second thing is then to do it in such a way that comes across as genuine and hopefully he does that also.

Just now, Arthur Bach said:

The strategic timing for posting has to be credited, only when fans feel a certain level of dejection will certain members post.

It's machiavellianism at it's greatest.

As for people 'going for the throat' - well all I can say to that is it's similar to hiring a tradesman to do some work that is of questionable quality, then when you hire a new man to fix the work the old one pops up telling him how he is doing it wrong.

Nahhhh not having that

Lee posts all year round whether we are doing well or not

What people choose to see I can do nothing about but that's the facts

Also let's be honest soon as Lee logs on it's the same people jumping straight into the threads, turning them into a 'TELL ME WHAT PART OF MY LAST POST WAS WRONG' type bickering and the whole thread descends into something only those attacking Lee are interested in reading

It's tedious and sad and does nothing but end in a public personal bickering festival

Owlstalk Shop

Thread derailed - closing thread

(normally I'd delete the bickering but then would be accused of favouritism or censorship etc etc by those wanting to bicker)

Ps - I'm not siding with anyone on this other than the readers of the site who aren't the three people bickering with each other (as is the case every time Lee posts)

Owlstalk Shop