So let’s try this again...

9 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Tight arse...these bad boys would do you! lolKIWI ingenuity. 

DISCLAIMER - No trees were harmed in the making of this product.

1E09WmG.jpg

Love the shin pads but not having those boots at all.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

That and shin pads like these with no ankle guard....

Screenshot_20180308-221357.jpg

were  blades not banned once or they were going too , either way they are lethal

Edited by trevdi9

1 hour ago, Will69 said:

* DISCLAIMER * I do not intend this post to speak for all fans, nor a majority of fans, nor a minority of fans. This is my own opinion, as per the intention of the Owlstalk forum. Please feel free to disagree with my opinion and offer a counter position, please do so without sinking to a personal level. Right, with that out of the way...

Injuries

I simply don’t buy into this weird belief that all our injured players are faking it, nor the other theory that the club have banned them due to wanting to avoid clauses in player contracts. There may be a slight bit of truth in it, sure. I could see a situation where one or two players are subject to such an underhand scenario, at a push. But any player being held back from playing to avoid payment of monies owed would surely not be happy, all they would have to do is get their agent to leak that information to the PFA or media and the club would be left in serious bother whilst the player clears their “injury prone” label and comes out squarely clean. 15 or 16 such players over the season? Sorry, but no.

In the Premier League the injury cost to clubs is calculated each season and has been for some time, the general consensus is that the number of injuries per season clubs in the top flight are suffering is on the rise, as is the cost to insure them as a result. There is no logical reason why this wouldn’t be the case in any other division, if anything the lack of as good fitness and medical staff and facilities lower down the leagues supports the idea that it would be equally as bad. A couple of years ago the JLT prediction was that a club would suffer on average 37 injuries over a season, a mix of long and short term. The 2016/17 season saw West Ham and Sunderland suffer horrific numbers of injuries, 34 and 32, over the season. So genuinely I really do believe that we have had THAT bad a season in terms of injuries. We obviously need to look into what caused this including a review of:

Poor training facilities?

Poor medical facilities?

Our players being bought with known injury risks?

Our pitches at both venues?

A need for better staff?

Poor management of players by the club?

I still don’t think the club could do much more in terms of communicating injury updates, they seem fairly regular occurrences and are easily accessible via the internet. I know some fans want exact injury diagnosis and exact date of return being given by the club but that simply isn’t realistic.

FFP

The Chairman made absolutely no secret that he planned on throwing money at the club to get us up. He has done EXACTLY what he said he would do, including paying a record fee to bring THE best striker on paper we could get, a player most of us were desperate for us to buy and to a poster celebrated his arrival. Can the Chairman be blamed for poor form of these players? Or is it the managers/coaches fault? Or the players? Out of all of those I genuinely think the Chairman deserves least blame for form. However, he does need to accept that we appear to have recruited the wrong players, old players on huge wages, injury plagued players and so on. There has been much discussion over who advised the Chairman and/or who has influenced our transfer and contract policy. I think we now need the Chairman to make root and branch changes at this level, get people around him who work for the club, not for or with any agent and someone with a proven track record in this. Can I see the story behind this ever being given in full? No. Though hopefully when Hirst does leave (and I think he will) there may be at least a thin explanation of some of the goings on...

Manager

It now seems everyone wanted Carlos out after the playoff defeat to Huddersfield, because hindsight works like that. In reality I think there is something for the Chairman to answer to the fans over the way in which Carlos appears to have been appointed by Swansea, and left us. Even if you wanted Carlos gone there is something there to be talked about. Being realistic the track record of Jos is as fine as anyone in Germany but his style of play isn’t going to gel over the back end of the season while players are crocked. This is impacting on the team performance, in my opinion. We have a choice of being patient and seeing our the season and going again from scratch next season with Jos or seeing the season out and immediately appointing someone new. Cutting Jos now wouldn’t be free, it would cost us when we have little money to waste and there wouldn’t likely be enough time for even the most well meaning ‘British’ manager to come in and make huge transformations to our form. Do I think the Chairman owes us some explanation over the appointment of Jos? No, not really, most on here welcomed his appointment at the time, even if they won’t honestly admit it now they want his head. Sometimes managers just don’t work, it’s how it goes.

Other

All the rest of it, the stripes, the missing 150th showpiece game, the cakeball... show me that we need to look at our staffing at the club, partly, but that the Chairman is open to much valid criticism on many counts here. No doubt. Hopefully someone at the meeting tomorrow will ask some calm, rational, well thought out questions to all of the above. No doubt this won’t really happen.

All that said, I hope we give Mr Dejphon Chansiri (did I spell it right?) a bit of patience and curtesy in how we go about seeking answers. I hope (honestly) he doesn’t leave, I’d rather he fix these issues and pulls us all together learns from some pretty harsh lessons. Do people really want him to go, genuinely? Have I misjudged feeling so badly?

I admire your perseverance as I was feeling your pain this afternoon.

Glad to see someone clearly articulate and rationalise some of the key talking points.

Well done sir. 

2 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

were  they not banned once or they were going too , either way they are lethal

Definetly not banned these days http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/lists/football-shin-pads-guards.aspx?listName=football-shin-pads-guards&cur=GBP&pp=32&o=htl

Though agree even when playing 5 a side I prefer a shin pad with ankle guard attached. Though I believe the pads like the ones pictured are the choice of many playing at a high standard.

6 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

Definetly not banned these days http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/lists/football-shin-pads-guards.aspx?listName=football-shin-pads-guards&cur=GBP&pp=32&o=htl

Though agree even when playing 5 a side I prefer a shin pad with ankle guard attached. Though I believe the pads like the ones pictured are the choice of many playing at a high standard.

in my day many years ago I never wore any like an idiot and I found out after i had had my leg wrapped around my neck that it was safer to wear them ,and like you I chose the ones with ankle guards ,.they served me well I though told I would never play again managed until i was 56 in the unibond  over 40's league

Edited by trevdi9

Lord snoots posted somink about a mate that turned to the sweet lord jesus, was it last week, maybe the week before.

for those that didnt understand its meaning, maybe they are starting to now.

kinell no offence or owt will69 m8 but your threads are sucking the life outs me. cant even put my finger on what it is. 

are you trying too hard? i need a will free zone for a day, any sections you dont hang about in that i can visit for a bit?

i know i know what i should do, dont post in them & move to a different one. the post not the poster etc ... I KNOW!

hardly being horrible am i? just thinking with my fingertips. thinking i shouldnt even post this, just delete it like i often do after typing for 20mins. you know, at the start of it im all keen to put across me views an that, nice reasoned points that i think are interesting for all, half hour later after reading it back i realise im talking as much bob as the next man and decide to do you all a favour by not inflicting the post upon thou's.. maybe that last bit in italic is the filter you need will? 

here i go being horrible again,

am i though, this is posted in a tongue in cheek way (half) and i guess if you put as much stuff 'out there' as will does you are gonna get replies aplenty, 

mrs still aint offered me a cuppa tea yet, too busy drinking pepsi, too busy playing some foookin cookin game on the i-pad. her excuse is im on the laptop... shes peering at my post over the top..

sometimes the tvs  on in the background but we bought a 50'' one the other month ant tbh its too f0okin big, hurts my eyes, ESPECIALLY when listening to the match on radio sheffield, (ch 734 freeview) this BIG purple an white screen eyeballs on fire, in smallprint on the screen it says 'press 0 to hide screen' .... Im trying to find the 0 button but everytime i look at the progger (remote) i just see purple dots. so i practise for if i get old and go blind by feeling my way round the buttons.... such elation when i find it. the screen goes blank but the radio commentary or PorG is still on, ahh perfect. 

get back to the laptop an sominks foookin bugging me in my periphery.... 'press 0 to return to main screen' an every 10 seconds it bounces around the telly. ffs, so i wind my neck in, literally,, open the laptop screen a bit higher then i cant see it. finally get back to owlstalk............ and wills started another 4 freds.

its at this point i would normally delete this, thats what normally happens anyway, cos like i said its all ramblings.. though it does seem to fit in with this particular thread so ...

im only messin will, i love you really, you an acetastic poster and i wonder how this place was ever so good before you got so busy.

crack on m8 n that init

• Thanks 1