Ownership through the years

I watched a video on youtube about the club in the seventies, and it seemed we were owned by local steelworks directors. I've tried to find info about

our owners through the years (on the internet) but can't find anything really. Could anyone give a brief summary of our ownership and company structure

from say the sixties onwards? I must admit that I never thought twice about who owned us for most of the time I've been a supporter, until the fiasco

with the unpaid PAYE and Dave Allen's loans and the Co-op Bank. After that I think I know the story only too well, but would be interested to know how

we got from the chairman of Neepsend Steel in the seventies to Dave bloody Allen. 

7 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

90s Sir David Gerald Richards - came up through engineering companies

80s Bert McGee - local business man

before then...

60s Andrew Stephen - Scottish Doctor.

Thank you!  And how could I forget about 'our' Dave Richards, who did so much towards creating the Premier League in it's current root of all evil form.

The old ownership model was all about creating a well run club that cut it's cloth according to it's means. Once mid-table Championship clubs couldn't

hope to compete without their owners putting in 5 or 10 million pounds a year, the old model doesn't work. Dave Allen loaned his money to the club with

the expectation of a) it being a one or two time necessity and b) getting it back. The Co-op bank might have been happy to lend money to help turn the

club around, but once it was obvious the money was needed every year they had to stop lending more. Obvious in hindsight. And here we are now with

our foreign sugar-daddy benefactor.