Jos Luhukay on Sean Clare and George Hirst

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with having the name HIRST and having fans wanting to dream and hope and wish him to take this club to massive success in future through developing with us through to the first team and beyond

It's the dream scenario

Fans suggesting there's something wrong with our fans having some inspiration, dreams and hopes for a player need to reevaluate their opinions in my opinion 

Although that's the thing, how much does the club wish to pay for dreams, hopes and wishes ?

Speaks volumes that he's not willing to play for his boyhood club unless he is paid x amount. What happened to proving yourself? Working your way up from the bottom? I don't know who he thinks he is but it sucks. I never saw David Hirst play, its just another 1990s nostalgia thats been passed down. Yes the club hasn't helped the situation but the attitude of the player is apalling. I'd happily see him gone. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Hirst - Shortly out of contract - Contract negotiations - nothing signed - frozen out

Clare - Shortly out of contract - Contract negotiations - nothing signed - plays

Maybe a trifle simplistic, but true

This is the bit I really don’t get...

It makes you think what the hell is actually going on?

Something more serious, heated arguments, threats something must have happend to be completely frozen out, I have no idea what’s happend.

would love the truth to come out, I guess we never will. We’ve had one version, just need the other. But how close the stories are to the truth no one knows

Personally for me there would be no finer site at hillsborough than Hirst #9 leading the team out. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We dont' know

Out of the blue Jos has said that he's not allowed to select him due to a contract spat

He didn't actually say that though did he ?

That's reading between the lines, may be true maybe not.

Hirst and Clare will go in the summer. 

Well run clubs sign up their most exciting prospects. We'll let them go and watch them be successes elsewhere.

But some people will be fine with that because we offered them deals. A young English goalscoring centre forward and a athletic tall English centre midfielder. Criminal we've not looked after our two best young prospects.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah man

Looks like absolutely everyone has fallen for this line that's been fed to them with no further thought to what that actually REALLY means

Sad times

It was also said that he wanted the wage of an established first team player. Which giving are currently ridiculously high wage bill would not be a good idea to offer him would it?

Your argument about giving it to some of the dross we have given it to is weak. Just because you make mistakes in some places, it doesn't mean you do the same in others. 2 wrongs don't make a right and all that

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Hirst and Clare will go in the summer. 

Well run clubs sign up their most exciting prospects. We'll let them go and watch them be successes elsewhere.

But some people will be fine with that because we offered them deals. A young English goalscoring centre forward and a athletic tall English centre midfielder. Criminal we've not looked after our two best young prospects.

Bang on

The Chairman has managed to get our fans openly cheering that on too

Amazing when you think about it

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Speaks volumes that he's not willing to play for his boyhood club unless he is paid x amount. What happened to proving yourself? Working your way up from the bottom? I don't know who he thinks he is but it sucks. I never saw David Hirst play, its just another 1990s nostalgia thats been passed down. Yes the club hasn't helped the situation but the attitude of the player is apalling. I'd happily see him gone. 

Welcome to modern football. 

Baffles me how people have this sense that Wednesday are above everyone and young George should have accepted anything the club offered him. The lad was showing signs of being a future England player. The best clubs in the country sent scouts to watch him ffs.

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I bet if Gazza had a son at Spurs they'd be developing him like crazy, and hanging onto him

Same as if Everton or Man United had Wayne Rooney's lad etc etc

It's massive potential to give your fans hope, a dream, a fairytale story and for your club and business side to make absolute shedloads of cash out of it along the way too

Neil, I respect you... but you keep harping on about this that he was offered 20% of what he feels he's worth etc.

I don't expect you to give numbers, but do you actually know for a fact that he was offered relatively derisory terms... or even that the wage offered was perhaps 20% of what it "should" have been for one of our most promising young players in years? Or is it all just supposition

No but something could be structured around rapid improvement over say two seasons. I have seen George half a dozen times including his first team debut and his only first team appearance. I haven't seen anything yet to convince me he is anything other than a decent prospect. So does he have the belief ? If so there is a solution him staying with us and picking up the money.

I also believe that the old adage of children being seen and not heard is still well prevalent in Thai families :- Cultural.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Which one?

Forestieri?

Or just 'an established first team player' as in the statement but not a specific player equivalent

He doesn't deserve wages to match any of the first team

*By first team i mean what would be our strongest first 11 plus a few others

Edited by mrrodge

Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

No but something could be structured around rapid improvement over say two seasons. I have seen George half a dozen times including his first team debut and his only first team appearance. I haven't seen anything yet to convince me he is anything other than a decent prospect.

Last season he scored over 50 goals as a striker

For the U18's
For the U23's
And for ENGLAND

Owlstalk Shop