Starting to look obvious why DC brought KM in

4 hours ago, Prince said:

Because some of us actually care. 

I question sometimes whether its caring or just plain scaremongering. All the accusations are, at the moment, wothout substance and just someboy's supposition. Let's save our complaining for when we get the actual truth shall we FFS

For anyone suggesting the unfit players are being held back so they can be sold  at the end of the season, that makes no sense at all. Fernando's value has currently dropped by about 50%. Hooper's value has dropped by $1m. Winnall's value has probably dropped by 40%. Westwood, Fletcher, Hutch and, sadly, Lee are worth f*ck all due to age or injury records. The very idea of "asset stripping" is ludicrous when you only have 1 or 2 saleable assets.

I suspect there are people around, but not in, the club who are spreading rumours.

Edited by CrosbyKitchens

4 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Everyone is so hysterical.

Exactly.

Imagine how well our club would be run if run by a group of fans! Would be a new manager after every defeat and they would only want one that had previous playing links to the club. Would be free to get in and every player we signed would be guaranteed to be flippin brilliant in every single minute of every game they played AND would never get injured.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

For anyone suggesting the unfit players are being held back so they can be sold  at the end of the season, that makes no sense at all. Fernando's value has currently dropped by about 50%. Hooper's value has dropped by $1m. Winnall's value has probably dropped by 40%. Westwood, Fletcher, Hutch and, sadly, Lee are worth f*ck all due to age or injury records.

I suspect there are people around, but not in, the club who are spreading rumours.

Jos said today that he wasn't allowed to pick George Hirst for the first team
Sam Hutchinson said today to fans at the U23's game that he's been fit for 3 or 4 weeks but isn't being picked

There's two examples of things coming straight from a horses mouth

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, deano said:

Something fishy is going on. Lee Strafford started a thread yesterday about things he knew but wouldnt say, mention of Simon Jordan, all the injuries and contract speculation. Somethings happening.

Interesting that, I heard Jordan on Talksport today saying that Us & weeds were attractive proposition for investor's as the return on investment if we returned to the Premier League would be huge

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sam Hutchinson said today to fans at the U23's game that he's been fit for 3 or 4 weeks but isn't being picked

You can explain those though. Hirst is due to his contract situation, my guess is that the talks collapsed again.

Hutchinson because he kept breaking down before after returning from injury before. So that is precautionary. He'll be back soon. If he was held back for contract reason he won't be playing for the kids surely.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The Hirst situation is well documented so that's irrelevant. You can't berate the club for that.

You're relying on a player assessing his own fitness? Particularly Hutchinson??

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You can explain those though.

You can explain anything away mate

Kieran Westwood - not played football for three months as he's injured according to the club - gets selected for the Republic Of Ireland today. I'd suggest that's beyond the realms of crazy but you could explain it as 'yeah but he's picked 4 keepers, it's a provisional squad, and he'll just drop him if he's injured still'

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Kieran Westwood - not played football for three months as he's injured according to the club - gets selected for the Republic Of Ireland today. I'd suggest that's beyond the realms of crazy but you could explain it as 'yeah but he's picked 4 keepers, it's a provisional squad, and he'll just drop him if he's injured still'

It's a 30 man squad for a game to be played in 2 weeks time. Also, one of the other goalies plays for Bradford. That would suggest they're not exactly flush with options.

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The Irish FA just tweeted this

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 17.43.35.jpg

So he's either not injured and the Irish FA are playing along or he's close to returning for both us and Ireland. Now, it will be weird if he plays for them and not us but we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You've explained that one well. Westwood is probably nearly fit. Obviously O'Neill and Keane want to see what Westwood van do to be their first choice for the future.

Also, maybe his return to form hasn't been communicated to us because GK is the area we dont really need anyone to come back in yet? 

I expect Westwood to be back in the team soon.

• Like 1