Time to go Mr Chansiri

13 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Just cannot believe what people are saying here, its not his fault that so many players are injured. Regarding appointments, Carlos was a success the first two seasons, this blame culture is daft. We need to support the club not destroy it, why would someone who has put millions in want to fail !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think Chansiri wants Wednesday to fail, don't think anyone seriously thinks that.

Think the issue to is whether is up to running a football club the size of Wednesday or not, plenty of evidence to say he is not.

As for players injuries I do think the club has brought some (not all) of it on itself with giving contract to injury prone players and poor management of injured players and fitness levels.

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

He’s put the money in that we all wanted. We’re you moaning on your way down to Wembley about players contracts? 

Yes we’ve made some poor signings but those poor signings on paper looked like good signings (Abdi/Rhodes) etc. 

You say we’ve only had one good season? Well we’ve only had one poor season! How about give him time to sort the mess from this season out?

Unless of course you know someone better that has the money to run the club?

Yes we got to Wembley but it was not at tenner a game that season I think it cost me £600-700 in tickets + costs of going to the matches - Wembley cost £90 + the coach down another £30.

Since Wembley we have make mostly poor signing only 1 player signed since then can be classed as a first team regular in Reach the other £20m+ wages has been a complete waste

The Abdi signing was insane for a player over 30 on reported £30k+ a week we did not need him but Carlos loves his central midfielders, as for Rhodes one can only think once again Middlesborough had our pants down like they did when we paid £5m for a £2m player in Reach. We had sign a cheap version of Rhodes for £500k in Winnall 3 weeks early we did not need Rhodes that was pure stupidity by the chairman

The way DC has manage in 3 years to take a club with yearly losses of £5m to £21m and counting I think the tea lady could probably run the club better. Yes one good season, one unbelievably boring season and this season, and of course the club is now going to have at least 18 months of transfer embargo from the chairman not having a clue what to do with the finances of the club. So if this is the man you think will take us forward good luck to you.

Personally what will happens is we will continue to have to pay ridiculous ticket prices to watch a team of free agents and players massively past their best, Karen will try to see the assets in Reach, Fessi, Hooper, Bannan, Westwood and replace them with very cheap league 1 standard imports. Then when there are no more assets to sell the ticket prices will go up and new hair brain ideas like 1867 will come out but remember 'we are all in it together and we all need to do our bit'. But the chairman cannot put any money into the club because of FFP he can loan us money but when he leaves and he will - this will all need paying back. if we were all in it together then why does DC not write the loans off? 

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I am not 100% sure Chansiri would want to hand over nearly every decision about Sheffield Wednesday to someone experienced at running a football club. Which I can understand his money, his decisions.

But its like putting me in charge of Royal Victoria hotel in Sheffield. I know next to nowt about running a hotel so no surprise if I made a pigs ear of it.

And you would hire an experienced Hotel Manager to guide you and run it day to day ,someone who knows exactly what they are doing. DC should have done this and brought in a Howard Wilkinson type , but he didnt ,and left himself wide open to be ripped off and fleeced by sports management companies and " Advisers " , who are still entrenched in the club today .

2 hours ago, ramone said:

Love the guy. Saved us from the brink and turned us into to a club worth a solitary £1 into one worth £40 million in the space of 3 years.

The guy is genius and should be recognized by Sheffield Wednesday until our dying day. 

Only my opinion of course 

It's all about opinions my friend...

28 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde II said:

So you don't think the owner/chairman is to blame for the situation we are now in?

No I don't and neither should you blame him perhaps 15 or so injured first team players hasn't helped .

We will come back stronger than ever next season

I’ve not given up on DC yet.

He’s had a right good go and it hasn’t worked - we came so damn close. Now we’re in a bit of a pickle.

I think it’s clear that errors have been made, and because of that we have to suck it up and go through a painful recorrection. Let’s how we learn from mistakes.

We don’t have a choice really.

That said, I have a sneaky feeling there might be an exit strategy being worked on

Guest mkowl
3 hours ago, room0035 said:

DC could convert his loan to equity i.e. shares and the balance sheet would immediately be £25m positive and a lot more favourable to any future owner of the club, he would still get circa £80m probably for us so cover his investment and what money he has put in but not a profit. 

the standard answer I give to any client who asks this question

"What someone is prepared to pay for it"

When you are subsidising at £20m per year then perhaps there will be a lot fewer takers 

The good-

•He’s put money into the club

•New pitch

•Scoreboard

The bad-

• Changed our badge

• Changed the kit

• Most expensive team to watch in the championship 

• Late kit

• Doyen sport

• George Hirst saga

• That questionnaire 

• keeping Carlos on too long 

• The refund fiasco

More rumours are flying around that if true make extremely grim reading

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

the standard answer I give to any client who asks this question

"What someone is prepared to pay for it"

When you are subsidising at £20m per year then perhaps there will be a lot fewer takers 

But why is he having to subsidy £20m a season because we have a squad full of players over the hill on silly money that he signed.

Remember as the director said in his statement he signs all the players.

If we had signed the players we need not the one available then he might not have had to subsidises us for £20m a season, if he had sold players we developed at good profits and run us as a business then he may not have needed to put a penny in. So you can argue the big sums are partly his fault from very bad management of the team, squad and club.

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Look DC does not care about me you or any Owls fan he see us a cash cow to milk for money with the excess ticket prices, merchandise and sponsorship but in the past we have paid it because we got value for money with good entertaining football.

Back in 2000 - 2010 the football was not the best but neither were the players many performed beyond their ability and more than a few good managers did very well considering, but always as soon as we got a good players and he wanted more money or didn't want to resign instead of not playing them as our current regime do, we sold them for money to help balance the books Magid Bugara, Chris Brunt, Lee Grant and invested some of this in other players to develop into better player. But only pay 320 to watch it you got value for money.

Because now we have an over sized kid in charge who thinks we the fans will keep paying for all of his numerous mistakes he treats us like crap and expect top dollar in what other walk of life would you have a product valid for 9 months that arrive 3 months late then costs £20 more than it does everywhere else but arriving on time.

The long and short of it is simple if we the fans continue to be treated like mugs and pay it we are part of the problem - if we say in our masses no more you will not be getting season ticket money off me charging £30 a game, you will not be getting next year and the years after money, i will not be paying £59 for a crap Ipswich shirt - I want a blue and white stripes shirt for £30 made by Puma or Adidas or Nike so I know that it is of a quality and I expect it when pre-season starts this season not a week before Christmas 3 months into the season. Then once the cash cow stop producing cash DC will have two choices sort the issues out and stop hemorrhaging money or sell the club to a business who know what he is doing.

Very good post

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacksdad said:

100% agree...think unfortunately we're stuck with him though, can't imagine anyone stupid enough to buy us for the right reasons.

Starting to strike alarm bells with a likeness to the allam dictatorship at hull.

More likely that he would strip us of our assets than find a buyer.

Although like hull he probably still wouldn't get his money back.

Again 100% agree.

It just appears the eastern European fraternity want English football clubs as fashion accessories.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Just because someone spaffs a load of cash doesn't mean they're beyond any criticism mate

Which part of our 150th Anniversary Season are you enjoying?

Be honest...

The title of the thread is no a criticism it says time to go which is a load of bull****