Time to go Mr Chansiri

8 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Just as an add on to my previous post, look at what the 3 relegated teams came down with last season and then try and justify FFP

So even though they finished bottom, EPLIndex calculated that Sunderland just missed out on topping £100 million from TV revenue and merit payments. Middlesbrough were just shy of £102 million and Hull earned £104 million.

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/football-indepth/cost-of-relegation-drop-means-football-clubs/

it's really all about getting that promotion to the prem and building on it, even taking a relegation and doing a Newcastle with the money given for being losers.

Its a joke tbh mate, look at Newcastle

Got relegated and made a profit

Sold 50million plus in players ,that's more than half the clubs in this leagues budget combined.

Then they had the TV money on top plus the 55000 fans ticket money every week.

Footballs only thing that rewards failure.

Ffp was brought in to stop chairmans doing a pompey and spending more than they could afford.

But surely any chairman knows what they can afford to spend within there means 

4 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Agreed but the ability to build a squad good enough to take you to the prem is probably the biggest expansion any football club could get in a financial sense. 

The idea is that you develop the fundamentals of the business first (ie, revenue) and use that to speculate (ie, playing squad) which seems like a sensible and prudent thing to do and the right way and order to do things. However, it doesn't take into account the huge disparities in football and the handouts ex-Premier League clubs get. I don't think the principal behind FFP is wrong, its the implementation where the issues exist.

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree that weather you think FFP rules are a good idea or not Chansiri and the club have known about them all along and do not seem to have planned for what happens if we get too close. Just gambled by buying Jordan Rhodes and hope he would get us promoted when at time we were not even in a play off position.
I know at time I was dazzled by his signing like everyone else and didn't complain but if I was in charge and knew the accounts situation no way would have given it the green light. 

Yeah, I agree. I assumed that these purchases weren't putting us at risk of FFP. I assumed that as a competent owner and businessman this was going to be the case. Looks like I assumed too much.

44 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So what has he achieve in his 3 years at the club

We have bought a lot of players over the age of 28 who are all on £20,000+ a week wages and most are now in their 30's with at least 18 months left on the contracts, with no resell value so basically it is dead money in the last season this has cost us £30m in salaries alone over the 3 year we have spent probably upward of £60m in salaries for players to sit in the stands. Would this happen with someone who had proper business acumen to not spend more than you earn. I don't know but I know my business would not do this.

We have a score board - which was taken off the price he paid Milan 

We have a new pitch that does not seem to be fairing too good when it rains

We have a youth set up that is producing players but all of the good ones will not sign contract because they have no route to the first team.

We had one good season and have had two season of mediocre football last season we finish 4th in a poor league with a lot of luck late goals and Fessi playing well. But for the most part the football was painful to watch and but for a lot of late lucky goals we would not have made the top 6.

Yes DC has put a lot of money in but of that money how much has his poor management and nieivity cost the club, Milan did not put as much money in but if ask I think 99% of the fan base would say he ran the club better than DC and we over achieve with limit resources.

So what has DC done for the club because one day at Wembley and yes like everyone else I was there 5 hours down on a coach and 5 hours back why it took 90 minutes to get out of the car park coming back i can only assume there were Sheffield Arena staff working that day on the car parks - i digress. So can you list what DC has done to improve us and what lasting value money or progress this has given the club in his 3 year tenure.

He’s put the money in that we all wanted. We’re you moaning on your way down to Wembley about players contracts? 

Yes we’ve made some poor signings but those poor signings on paper looked like good signings (Abdi/Rhodes) etc. 

You say we’ve only had one good season? Well we’ve only had one poor season! How about give him time to sort the mess from this season out?

Unless of course you know someone better that has the money to run the club?

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree that weather you think FFP rules are a good idea or not Chansiri and the club have known about them all along and do not seem to have planned for what happens if we get too close. Just gambled by buying Jordan Rhodes and hope he would get us promoted when at time we were not even in a play off position.
I know at time I was dazzled by his signing like everyone else and didn't complain but if I was in charge and knew the accounts situation no way would have given it the green light. 

Dc said he was sceptical about signing Rhodes for the money we paid and was talked into doing the deal

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Can whoever talked him into signing Jordan Rhodes also have a word about stripes and ticket prices.

Don't think doyen give a f**k about that, nothing init for them

Edited by welsOwl74

Mr C gambled on getting us to the prem by chucking money at it. It didn't work. Now we have to handle the consequences of that gamble.

Naive ? Yes. Risky? Yes, Badly advised? Yes.

Wilfull mismanagement? No.

6 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

Mr C gambled on getting us to the prem by chucking money at it. It didn't work. Now we have to handle the consequences of that gamble.

Naive ? Yes. Risky? Yes, Badly advised? Yes.

Wilfull mismanagement? No.

I don't mind pushing boat out a bit but do think we have gambled too much on getting the PL and not leaving us any room for manoeuvre now. Yes easy to say in hindsight but do honestly think this time last year they was very little discussion or thought given to what would have happened if we don't go up.

Also think they was very little discussion this time last year of forward planning things like the 150th Year Anniversary and sourcing replica kit.

55 minutes ago, Prince said:

Whatever the semantics of the situation it is a joke. I wonder how many injuries are contract related, Hooper, Westwood??? 

It will all be out in the open soon enough, hopefully.

None of thrm are hooper and westwood get injured for at least 2 months every season

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

So the guy who ploughed money into buying the club and then spent heavily to try and get promoted in the 150th is now the scapegoat.

Oh dear 

Whats the point in ploughing millions of pounds into a company when you havent got a fukin clue how to run it?

He has made that many changes and alterations, its a joke

This is starting to look like a bad sale by Milan now, good for him but bad for us.

2 hours ago, Owl Be Back said:

With regret, I'm going to have to agree with this. For every good thing that has happened with the club they are outnumbered by the mistakes and bad things. Since taking over, apart from the initial boost which was supported by the previous regime/organisational structures in place, there has been a noticeable decline in how Wednesday is being run both on and off the pitch. Among other things, I can only see this situation getting far worse with FFP becoming more of an issue next season once this year's finances are logged. I believe its time for someone with football and UK business experience to take over as this isn't working out.

Hello uncle Dave ........are you doing owt. WTF:

1 hour ago, steveger said:

It's not just the club that's a joke sadly.......................

Wowwwwww you can’t say that!!....... guards put him in the stocks while we throw fruit at him.

Edited by Bark1062

1 hour ago, sheffwed4ever said:

But how on earth does that currently value us at 40 million 3 years on

He would get 40 million for us.

Sunderland want 40 million for them and that comes with a 150 million debt aswell.

Edited by pazowl55

Just cannot believe what people are saying here, its not his fault that so many players are injured. Regarding appointments, Carlos was a success the first two seasons, this blame culture is daft. We need to support the club not destroy it, why would someone who has put millions in want to fail !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!