Time to go Mr Chansiri

1 hour ago, KivoOwl said:

He's a clown, and he's destroyed the club. 

Nobody will pay anywhere near what he would want to sell up. 

Destroyed the club you have not said that last 2 seasons

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So what's the alternative mate? Hound the bloke out? Until he's fed up stops investing completely and then we're really up poo creek. We'll be the next Hull or Portsmouth. That sounds really appealing. The situation could be a worse. What Chansiri does next is key. Over the next few months, particularly the transfer window, we'll see what his plans for the club are.

there is absolutely nothing on this earth I can do. However that still doesn't mean I don't want him out. All I can hope is He cuts his losses for his poor business management. Business suceed and fail, people lose money, i hope he realises he has done the best of his ability (which is clearly not good enough) and bites the bullet. But  I know is never going to happen

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

I assumed you was, I was just expanding lol

like you style lol 

Maybe dc is a nice man or stupid (ill let you pick) and pass us on to billionaire for free ."don't worry about the debt lads its on me, what's 80 million between friends"

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

If Chansiri was allowed to put the kind of money Villa have over the past 2 seasons we would be nowhere near this situation. Don't blame the Chairman, blame the joke that is Finacial Fair Play. Sustainability and Profit as it is now called is heavily weighted in favour of relegated prem teams over a 3 year period. Chansiri has the money, he's just not allowed to put it in.

Just as an add on to my previous post, look at what the 3 relegated teams came down with last season and then try and justify FFP

So even though they finished bottom, EPLIndex calculated that Sunderland just missed out on topping £100 million from TV revenue and merit payments. Middlesbrough were just shy of £102 million and Hull earned £104 million.

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/football-indepth/cost-of-relegation-drop-means-football-clubs/

it's really all about getting that promotion to the prem and building on it, even taking a relegation and doing a Newcastle with the money given for being losers.

Edited by Owling Wolfe

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Just because someone spaffs a load of cash doesn't mean they're beyond any criticism mate

Which part of our 150th Anniversary Season are you enjoying?

Be honest...

Too often debates online get bogged down in binary, either/or thinking. 

Reality is, lots of people are to blame for our current set of circumstances. There are people who have done good in one way whilst at the same time doing badly in another way. 

The whole situation is a complicated mess and can't just be pinned on one scapegoat. 

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

So the guy who ploughed money into buying the club and then spent heavily to try and get promoted in the 150th is now the scapegoat.

Oh dear 

Our 150th Birthday is one i wish had never happened .

Just now, Owl Be Back said:

No one can justify FFP, its completely unfair. However, they are the rules and they need to be adhered to else a price is paid.

I wonder how it would stand up in a court, restricting a chairmans ability to expand and build his business. Anyone taking them on would stand a decent chance of overturning FFP.

Just because someone spaffs a load of cash doesn't mean they're beyond any criticism mate

Be honest...

Hit the nail on the head Neil 

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

I wonder how it would stand up in a court, restricting a chairmans ability to expand and build his business. Anyone taking them on would stand a decent chance of overturning FFP.

Not everything counts towards FFP; there are exemptions with regard to expanding and building the business.

9 minutes ago, itsonmyhead said:

All our decent players are either injured,coming back from injury or are awaiting their next injury. I honestly don’t think if he sold ALL our players he would get his investment back?? Plus we then wouldn’t have any players lol

Not saying he'd get all his money back, just cut his loss, the bet might look like it's not going to pay out, so time to cash in.

Look what's happening at hull, although with promotion allam probably has already got more than his money back.

Just now, Owl Be Back said:

Not everything counts towards FFP; there are exemptions with regard to expanding and building the business.

Agreed but the ability to build a squad good enough to take you to the prem is probably the biggest expansion any football club could get in a financial sense. 

Be honest...

Just because it's a bad season he's the worst thing to happen to our club get real

2 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

No one can justify FFP, its completely unfair. However, they are the rules and they need to be adhered to else a price is paid.

I agree that weather you think FFP rules are a good idea or not Chansiri and the club have known about them all along and do not seem to have planned for what happens if we get too close. Just gambled by buying Jordan Rhodes and hope he would get us promoted when at time we were not even in a play off position.
I know at time I was dazzled by his signing like everyone else and didn't complain but if I was in charge and knew the accounts situation no way would have given it the green light.