Time to go Mr Chansiri

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Not naive at all. He's like any other foreign investor who buys a football club. Pretty sure the owners of Leicester didn't buy Leicester because they loved the city and football club. Same with Chansiri here. What I'm saying he is he has given us the closest thing to Promotion. He's the man who has invested his own money to try and get the club to where everyone wants us to be.

And we're going to turn on him just like that? Let's give it some time and see if he's learnt from his mistakes.

Give him Time? Thats one thing that can be the difference between becoming a Portsmouth or a Leicester, time. He has had 3 years. From year one in 2 years we have headed in 1 direction down, I'm talking about the running of the club, after year 1 where we were mostly focused on the amazing league campaign his choices and running of this club has just freefell, after 2 years of poor running of the club how much longer do you want to give it, bare in mind 2 years of poor ownership,how much longer are you going to cling onto the hope that he all of a sudden changes his ways . How long? Times running out 

7 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Him, because there is no way he would sell for what he put in. 

Can you name me a buyer who'd be interested?
and don't say who would  with the state of the club because Newcastle (one of the richest clubs in Europe) are still searching 

If dc gets bored and does one its the fans who suffer

The club relies on dc no matter how much people cry about it

Edited by welsOwl74
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacksdad said:

Would be amazed if he gets much take up on this.

Lee Stratford said that Chansiri had bought the club allegedly not realising that the family silver had already been sold.

Don't think Chansiri was overly bright in his purchase, would be unlikely that someone else would make the same mistake of allegedly buying the club without doing correct due diligence. 

One born every minute though.

Mate not saying he will but its funny how we never offer a 5 year deal and the figures if everyone bought one would about cover what DC has alegily put into the club not including the initial purchase of the club.

Guest mkowl

I think if I told a client the shares are worth 40m I would be ringing up my PI insurers

Actually I would be on firmer ground if part of the deal was that DC waived his loans

46 minutes ago, jacksdad said:

What's different with us compared to hull.

Allam at hull pulled the plug by selling all their decent players.

Think we're stuck with him and he's stuck with us, unless he does like allam and strips us to cut his losses.

All our decent players are either injured,coming back from injury or are awaiting their next injury. I honestly don’t think if he sold ALL our players he would get his investment back?? Plus we then wouldn’t have any players lol

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just because someone spaffs a load of cash doesn't mean they're beyond any criticism mate

Which part of our 150th Anniversary Season are you enjoying?

Be honest...

Cakeball

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

How had the family silver already been sold before Chansiri took over?

Can't remember all the details but it was alleged that certain revenue streams had already been sold off.

Sure there will be somebody else on here that can maybe she'd more light on that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sheffwed4ever said:

Give him Time? Thats one thing that can be the difference between becoming a Portsmouth or a Leicester, time. He has had 3 years. From year one in 2 years we have headed in 1 direction down, I'm talking about the running of the club, after year 1 where we were mostly focused on the amazing league campaign his choices and running of this club has just freefell, after 2 years of poor running of the club how much longer do you want to give it, bare in mind 2 years of poor ownership,how much longer are you going to cling onto the hope that he all of a sudden changes his ways . How long? Times running out 

Can you point me in the direction were people was asking for dc to leave last season ? must have missed it, thought the toy throwing only just began this season

1 minute ago, welsOwl74 said:

Can you name me a buyer who'd be interested?
I don't say we would they with the state of the club because Newcastle (one of the richest clubs in Europe) are still searching 

If dc gets bored and does one its the fans who suffer

The club relies on dc no matter how much people cry about it

How exactly does he "do one" if he cant find a buyer. There is only one way he will ever sell us for enough to get back anything like his outlay and that is as an established prem club. So anyone suggesting he will walk away is deluded. 

1 minute ago, sheffwed4ever said:

So what's the alternative mate? Hound the bloke out? Until he's fed up stops investing completely and then we're really up poo creek. We'll be the next Hull or Portsmouth. That sounds really appealing. The situation could be a worse. What Chansiri does next is key. Over the next few months, particularly the transfer window, we'll see what his plans for the club are.

Just now, mkowl said:

I think if I told a client the shares are worth 40m I would be ringing up my PI insurers

Actually I would be on firmer ground if part of the deal was that DC waived his loans

DC could convert his loan to equity i.e. shares and the balance sheet would immediately be £25m positive and a lot more favourable to any future owner of the club, he would still get circa £80m probably for us so cover his investment and what money he has put in but not a profit. 

2 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

How exactly does he "do one" if he cant find a buyer. There is only one way he will ever sell us for enough to get back anything like his outlay and that is as an established prem club. So anyone suggesting he will walk away is deluded. 

I'm agreeing with you lol 

45 minutes ago, sheffwed4ever said:

I really have never been so sad about my club, I have seen us nearly get relegated from league 1, however the expectation was not there. We were run like a club with no money. Now we are run like no other club I have ever known. Its depressing, I have no hope that he is going to wake up 1 morning and totally change his persona, he is a dictator, I know someone who works at the club as a cleaner,he is vile to work for,horrible and they are just a cleaner a cleaner for Christ sake, I dread to think the depths he gets involved with. 

Im just genuinely gutted 

Oh I have...

When we almost went bust.

When we got relegated from the Premiership (as it was at the time), and had to let go of 10 of our first 11 due to a clause in their contract.

When Alan Irvine was manager.

When Dave Allen was chairman - and he was anti the whole lot of us.

There's plenty - and all since 2000.

Thing with DC is, he's put a lot of money into the club - saved it in many ways - after carrying the baton after Mandaric. But he hasn't known a lot about how to run a club. Mistakes have been made. I would make mistakes if I were chairman. Lee Strafford loved the club and hoped to turn it around, but couldn't. It's not easy, but it is easier if you have money.

Yes I can't say I agree with all the decisions, but he's made more improvements to the club than any chairman this century... (it's not a high hurdle to beat!). At least he's got people around him again now - which he also had at the very beginning.

Here's to hope!