George Hirst banned from playing for the first team

Just now, Owlsmac said:

Can he do any worse than Rhodes is

Whats Rhodes got to do with it?

I've no idea how he would do and neither does anyone else.

I think its wrong Jos doesn't have the chance to do so.

But chucking him into our team with a lot of creativity and a relegation scrap wouldn't be an ideal place to blood him.

The same for the other youngsters.

14 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

What are those flats in your pic? The old Woodside ones??

Yes mate I used to live on the 4th floor of the one night the right

It's worth noting that the only difference between now and last month, or the month before, is that he's now playing for the U23's. 

I think all that Jos has confirmed is that the contract dispute still hasn't really been ironed out to the stage where he's allowed to play for the first team. I think we all got a bit ahead of ourselves last week when news broke that he's training with the first team, and Radio Sheffield alluded to some sort of progress with his contract.  There's a bit of sensationalism with this thread - "Hirst BANNED".....(should work for the Sheffield Star)

Still a ridiculous situation though and we really could do with extra help in the squad at the moment. So for the good of the club and the player, perhaps both sides to this frankly pathetic saga can sit down and sort something out for the short term. 

After 8 months in exile he scored for u23's vs leeds on his return.

What was striking tho was only joao or nando in the entire squad of 30ish players could have scored that goal as it required pace with a cb in chase, composure and goal scoring ability.

With ff injured and joao being the only player who can currently score who was/is carrying a knock AND with us at increasing risk of relegation, this is a pathetic, small minded & dire decision.

Would like to see hirst and joao together or hirst on bench initially at least, it may also add transfer value or even change minds, there is nothing to lose here as whoever plays with joao is unlikely to contribute much anyway! :Chansiri:

2 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Whats Rhodes got to do with it?

I've no idea how he would do and neither does anyone else.

I think its wrong Jos doesn't have the chance to do so.

But chucking him into our team with a lot of creativity and a relegation scrap wouldn't be an ideal place to blood him.

The same for the other youngsters.

What I am saying is we are in need of goals and Rhodes looks like his confidence is at rock bottom, George has scored goals at every level he has played at, only say to find out if he can cut it a first team level is to play him

8 minutes ago, Owlsmac said:

Can he do any worse than Rhodes is

Who knows 

Hirst could be the next Wayne Rooney or the next line of flops to exit the Wednesday door

No ones doubting his youth records ,there top notch but championship and youth football are different levels

Hirst demanding wages he believes he deserves when the club don't agree, there's only one losing out

Edited by welsOwl74

George hirst could simply be difference from stopping up and going down, and we know with our wage bill and huge losses already that going down would almost certainly mean club in a very serious position . cant write what I think of chansiri`s completely stupid decision. 

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I mean Clare's refusing to sign a contract but is still in the first team

Yeah i know, different situation though isn't it. I think the Hirst situation has been escalated way beyond the stage that Clare is at currently. 

4 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

Who knows 

Hirst could be the next Wayne Rooney or the next line of flops to exit the Wednesday door

No ones doubting his youth records ,there top notch but championship and youth football are different levels

Hirst demanding wages he believes he deserves when the club don't agree, there's only one losing out

Who cares what he's asking for (or not asking for)? Players and clubs haggle over contracts, that's football. Banning a player from playing for us because of this is akin to the sort of behavior you'd get from spoiled little kids when they don't get their own way. It's pathetic. 

I think he might well go on to be a very good player, but please can we stop using the time he scored a hattrick against Cuba u-20s and a goal against Japan's u-20s who weren't good enough to make the u-20 World Cup squad as some sort of evidence for that? 

• Thanks 1