How to pass the ball around the back and retain possession

There is zero pressure on the ball from United though.  There is the odd man making a move out of midfield but Fulham are going nowhere for the most part.  Really awful defending from United.  Once that ball gets to the half way line there should be a two blunts pressing the ball.  They folded like a deck of cards.

Just not bothered...

I’d give it until about the 4th or 5th pass before the crowd starts grumbling/booing/panicking and shouting gerrit forward.

There’s no patience at Hillsborough to play football like that. Last season proved that. 

At home our fans would have boo'ed at 25 seconds. 

Fulham have the luxury of a middle class fanbase who turn up with a pot of hummus in one hand and a clacker in the other. Their team therefore play without any pressure whatsoever.

Oh, and United players' pressing there reminded me of Chelsea in the second half against City on Sunday

Edited by Owls2k

6 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

I actually think Fulham will go up in 2nd place. I think they're the best team in the division and if they'd have had a better start would be top.

The signs were there last season, they would push up insanely high and their center backs were basically playing as midfielders.

This overloaded the opposition and they just couldn't get out.

Really impressive to watch but it does leave them open to counter attacks by teams with pace.