The Ipswich Free Kick Goal

Waghorn was taking some wicked in swinging corners all night, was like I remember Andy Hinchcliffe taking for us.

Knew when he gave the free kick we were in trouble.

Wildsmith may have done better but think it was more well hit then bad goalkeeping.

Doubt Westwood would have anything different apart from do that cringeworthy crossing himself before it was taken.

Guest The Claw

sat on kop I saw it coming, poor preparation, why didn't someone stand with their player? same as the blunt free kick seems they arnt learning a thing

5 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

it was perfectly flighted

only way wildsmith is saving that is if he was 7 ft

Or stood on his line and the wall was correctly set up.  Not slagging Joe off he is our future.. but a few blunders recently and we need to rotate with Cameron for a few

games.

if wildsmith had been a yard further back, and a cross had come in on the six yard line, for an ipswich free headed, everybody would be wanting to know why he didn't come for it?, and i'll bet it would be suggested he was a yard too deep in his starting position. i didn't know we had so many expert goalkeepers on here. maybe he's where he is because he has little faith in those in front of him.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Or stood on his line and the wall was correctly set up.  Not slagging Joe off he is our future.. but a few blunders recently and we need to rotate with Cameron for a few

games.

That wasn’t a blunder.

If he’d been stood further back and he’d scored at the near post fans would have been slating him for that.

It was a very well executed strike that dipped at the last minute.

7 minutes ago, dnhc said:

if wildsmith had been a yard further back, and a cross had come in on the six yard line, for an ipswich free headed, everybody would be wanting to know why he didn't come for it?, and i'll bet it would be suggested he was a yard too deep in his starting position. i didn't know we had so many expert goalkeepers on here. maybe he's where he is because he has little faith in those in front of him.

Absolutely.

Everybody knows where it's going after it's already ended up there. If he goes much further back there is also the possibility of curling it in directly at the near post and he'd get slaughtered for that even more thanks to the old cliche.

2 minutes ago, Cypriot Owl said:

A player on each post would make it a smaller target and easier to defend.
I wonder why some of the simplest ideas are overlooked.

And also enable Ipswich to pile strikers in front of him so he can't see a damned thing or get a deflection that he has no hope of reacting to.