The Ipswich Free Kick Goal

Correct. As a goalkeeper myself there's just so many errors to pick up on. 

Wildsmith has performed admirably but has been prone to drop the odd clanger. I can think 4 now in this recent run of games he's had. 

In my opinion, sticking him in front of the cameras after getting player of the month should never have happened. Protect young players!! Dont send them into the limelight. The next game after that Press Conference was Birmingham at home. 

The sooner Westwood is back the better. 

The wall was so badly positioned two more yards to the right at least and another player in there and Joe shouldn't have been off his line.. 

I think he was expecting a cross to be honest and was caught very flat footed.. he took a step forward expecting the ball into the 6 yard line area..

wall wasn't defending the near post tho Nev.. to far to the left.. defending the advertisement boards.. just inviting Waghorn to have a dink especially with there player 

on the end of the wall moving out to create more space.

Plus Boyd and Buttercup should have been the other way round.. with Boyd's extra height..  Strange these are seasoned professional players and can't

set themselves up correct.. 

2 yards to the right and another Wednesday player in the wall and Waghorn wouldn't have tried it.

Edited by Doctor Duran

We need to stick with Wildsmith, he's young and will make errors. Harry Maguire made errors at the pigs, John Stones made errors with Barnsley. We can't just call for youngsters to be dropped when mistakes happen. Joe Wildsmith has shown tremendous potential and will learn form Mistakes. Westwood is the best keeper I've seen at Hillsborough, but we need to develop our keeper for possibly the next 15 years and potentially sell Westwood for a decent fee. Westwood also deserves another crack at the premier league and sadly that will not happen here.

6 minutes ago, belfast owl lad said:

johnny concrete boots.

tbf to him he'd made his mind upit was an inswinging cross so his weight was forward  instead of on his toes 

they'd either seen this before or got lucky that he couldn't change his momentum   

it still took skill we don't have to place it like that tho 

I feel we should give dawson a go now  wildsmith has been at the end of some bad scores his confidence must be low

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's it in a sentence perfectly summed up Nev

At the same time Wildsmith is only a youngster. If Loovens contributed anything last night it was to make Wildsmith a nervous young man, he should at the very least have taken some organisational responsibility but he too was totally lost.

• Like 1