You'd expect a striker to score from this situation

I'd say he had about 1/3 shot at scoring... their defender blocking a third, keeper blocking the middle third and Nuhiu has open shot to the left. He has to take a shot coming in on volley and get past a blocking foot and a keeper who has his eyes only set on Nuhiu's shot, and consequently proceeded to save the shot with his face :duntmatter:

But damn, sooooo close... just our luck these days...

19 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Nuhiu was probably our best player last night but all he had to there was show a bit of composure, Gary Hooper would have just slotted that in on the volley.

the difference.

Nuhiu did OK last night but Joao was the best player as he actually did show composure and skill to take his goal.

He could also have had a penalty as I think both players clipped him and I don't think either touched the ball.

Just remembered he had a good chance from a similar distance at 1-0 on Saturday. He had more time but showed even less composure and blazed it over the bar.

Edited by the mighty wednesday

3 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

They do pass to him but he is either muscled off the ball or is not quick enough to beat a defender to it when the ball is played through. 

I really don't like saying it but if he were the same age as Loovens I would be calling for him to retire too. Something is seriously wrong with him. He has never been fast but he is so slow compared to how I remember him before coming to us. I thought he had sharpened up a little in the Cardiff game when he combined with Joao quite effectively but something still seems badly amiss.

It is sad to see.

5 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

I really don't like saying it but if he were the same age as Loovens I would be calling for him to retire too. Something is seriously wrong with him. He has never been fast but he is so slow compared to how I remember him before coming to us. I thought he had sharpened up a little in the Cardiff game when he combined with Joao quite effectively but something still seems badly amiss.

It is sad to see.

Jordan has never been what you'd call fleet of foot, but he had speed of thought, he could anticipate a chance and be on the move before anyone else around him had seen it. Unfortunately for us I think karanka and Carlos have killed that part of his game, he not only looks slow, but also reacts too late or not at all. Whether it's some sort of mental fatigue or what I don't know, but he definitely doesn't seem to be spotting an opening before it arises like he used to do. 

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Jordan has never been what you'd call fleet of foot, but he had speed of thought, he could anticipate a chance and be on the move before anyone else around him had seen it. Unfortunately for us I think karanka and Carlos have killed that part of his game, he not only looks slow, but also reacts too late or not at all. Whether it's some sort of mental fatigue or what I don't know, but he definitely doesn't seem to be spotting an opening before it arises like he used to do. 

I think Carlos has confused and regressed a lot of the players quite apart from any fitness issues. Many times we have seen them through this season and last reticent to play forward passes and their first movement is to turn backwards.

Thought he was unlucky tbh. Ball came down nicely, but didn’t have much time to think. Perhaps Hooper et al might have had the composure / ability to bring it down and slot it in a corner. I’m glad he took the shot, and in any other game that would’ve gone through the keepers hands. People would’ve moaned if he’d tried to bring it down and slot it away and tackled by the defender in doing so. 

• Like 1