Same, Better or Worse?

If Carlos had not left by mutual consent do you think the team would have performed the same, better or worse since his departure?

In my opinion I think we would have been slightly better off under Carlos.

The season would still have been underwhelming but his experience in the league & knowledge of the squad would've yielded better results than what Jos has got.

I think by now we would be safe but still fed up.

What do you think? Same, better or worse?

There wouldnt be a great deal of difference but Id agree carlos would have amassed slightly more points. If we'd have just left bullen in charge we would have a similar amount of points as we have got under jos, so its worse for me.

Carlos would be a few points better off, as he wouldn’t need to constantly experiment We were pretty awful this time last season, and he put that winning run together out of nowhere Can’t see Jos doing that I’m afraid

It doesn't really matter because CC is long gone, thankfully.

However, unfortunately we've brought in someone that seems timid, lacking in fire and who seems very much intimidated by the demands of the English Championship.

If we lose to Bolton we have to do what we should have done after CC and bring in a management bruiser with Champ experience.

In my opinion Carlos would have ground out enough points from these matches to have calmed the relegation fears.

It probably wouldn’t have been pretty and I doubt the current atmosphere surrounding the club would be much better.

Under Jos we’re now looking at avoiding relegation as an achievement but obviously nobody would have considered that an achievement under Carlos

2 hours ago, Tom22709 said:

Hard to say, we were in free fall under Carlos, we’ve continued that under Jos. One thing I would say is we’d have lost against the pigs again, that I’m confident of

We'd have been safe by now so I couldn't have given a rats ass if we'd have lost to them or not... 

Guest wilyfox

Honestly don't know. Not sure Joao would have perked up the way he has if Carlos were still here. I doubt we'd be blooding youngsters either. Carlos would have continued chucking unfit seniors out on the pitch. Carlos was part of a regime that had run it's course. The wheels had fallen off. He had to go. 

Does it really matter, Carlos had lost his way and lost the dressing room, no way back from that. If he hadn't gone when we did we would still have struggled and then we would have struggled next year. This way Jos might get the players fit and bring in some new ideas. If he doesn't then we move on again.  

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Honestly don't know. Not sure Joao would have perked up the way he has if Carlos were still here. I doubt we'd be blooding youngsters either. Carlos would have continued chucking unfit seniors out on the pitch. Carlos was part of a regime that had run it's course. The wheels had fallen off. He had to go. 

Spot on.

Results-wise we might not be much better off, but we've seen totally new Lucas Joao and we're finally now seeing the youngsters get a chance.

Short term yes, long term absolutely not.

He really is a 1 season wonder, can give players total freedom which everyone will love when a new boss comes in. However that doesn't last, favourites emerge and general professionalism disappears. 
On his day, I think a Carlos team could beat most of the Prem when it clicks and go on a run, but the repercussions will kick in later down the line.

Jos, too early to say still, clearly wanted to rework the defence for long term, but its either not clicking or the players aren't up to it, and its the wrong time of the year to get that wrong. Had he started in summer, with pre-season, I would feel more confident of a slow and steady start, and not forced to play catch up, which clearly doesn't suit Jos.

3 hours ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

If Carlos had not left by mutual consent do you think the team would have performed the same, better or worse since his departure?

In my opinion I think we would have been slightly better off under Carlos.

The season would still have been underwhelming but his experience in the league & knowledge of the squad would've yielded better results than what Jos has got.

I think by now we would be safe but still fed up.

What do you think? Same, better or worse?

I think by now if Carlos was still here we would have had the fans are at fault or everything,

the official have a vendetta against him and the club as we are not awarding any penalties for our players who have not had a shot on goal in 3 months,

the pitch will have been at fault for some of the lose, as well as the rain, the snow, storm Emma and the beast from the east 

more than half of the squad would still be two weeks away,

Hutch would have been rushed back and injured again as would have Lees and Bannan as Carlos always seem to have no problem rushing these and Lee, Hunt, Wallace back when not fit but wrapped Matias and Abdi in cotton wool

Thorniley, Clare would still be out on loan as what the point in having player at the club that won't play

Ogrady, Stobbs, Clare, Thorniley, Hirst, Neilson, Preston and the rest of the youth set up would be out of contract in 3 months and leaving the club at the end of the season to play for a club and manager that values youth progression.

I think we would have been better of getting the tea lady to set the tactics and pick the team as at least she would have given the players a chocy bicky before the game so they started with an energy rush from all that sugar. :tango: She really could not do any worse than Jos the man is clearly out of him depth. 

12 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Can't see it being any worse under Bullen and probably much cheaper.

Bizarre decision to appoint Jos by DC (assuming it was him who set him on) :rolleyes:

Bullen was awful anyone who watch any of the games he was in charge would see that. he was too pally with the players that continue to take the wee wee out of our club and had the same issue as Carlos not being able to play players in the position they are best in instead having a left wing at full back, a full back at center back and a central midfielder on the wing.

If I was in charge I would have them running up and down hills until they were able to play 90 minutes 3 times a week. If Jos cannot get player fit then he needs to enroll them all in some classes at the Hillsborough Leisure center to get them fit as this excuse is getting beyond a joke now.

As for Bullen unlike a lot on here I think he is half of the problem he is a nice guy but he add absolutely nothing to the coaching staff. He was appointed because the guy from Swindon would not join the coaching staff so we had a token non foreigner and in nearly 3 years I am struggling to see anything he has done except a set piece play where every one stand on the back post and watches the ball not beat the 5ft2" full back on the near post.

Please correct me if anyone has any ideas what Bullen actually does? - other than maybe carry the cones out for training lol