Toxic at S6 from top to bottom

6 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Thing that is puzzelling is DC stated at the start that he wanted to run the club as a business within its means. Since then we have spunked a load on old players and are now skint. Think there are rotten elements in the club but DC is not crooked, just mis-guided in his approach. 

More like being badly guided. 

10 hours ago, wharncliffeowl said:

As a supporter of nearly 50 years I think I have been more than patient at the near constant failure of a club of this size. We only ever seem to mange 2 0r 3 decent seasons in every 20. All club's supporters moan when things are not going well, You think Arsenal and Chelsea forums are all sweetness right now despite all their success in the last 20 years?  I'm angry with things currenty because when Mr Chansiri took over it looked like at long last we had a chance to really progress. I know am like a mardy kid saying "It's not fair - why are we always so crap?" but I look at Wolves and Huddersfield and think why them and not us?

Well at least your honest..but it is only football mate and there can only be 3 successfull teams out of 23..sht happens and will continue to happen the more years you follow the club..the last thing that can be guarenteed is a happy ending.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

It has been rotten and toxic for many a year with a few sprinkles of joy. Something is fundamentally wrong with the football club at the very core.

I don't think the disaster helped. We play our home games at a ground where 96 innocent supporters died. That is a very heavy thing to carry and the stand largely remains unchanged.

I honestly think that Sheffield Wednesday somehow needs a complete clean slate Inc a new stadium away from Hillsborough.

Pretty much every manager we have makes a roundabout comment about positivity. We have a local reputation for being arrogant supporters and to be honest it's true. We are.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, handworth52 said:

cant really argue with that.  I also wouldn't rule administration out, everything about our club has been run so badly why should we be confident about that we wont go into administration? if I was chansiri I would ditch all his advisers and ring milan up and start getting proper advise 

yeah right like chansiri would put the club in administration and kiss goodbye to 60- 80 million quid ....if he wants out he'll sell us .that way he at least  gets summat back .

2 minutes ago, oi_you_owl said:

It has been rotten and toxic for many a year with a few sprinkles of joy. Something is fundamentally wrong with the football club at the very core.

I don't think the disaster helped. We play our home games at a ground where 96 innocent supporters died. That is a very heavy thing to carry and the stand largely remains unchanged.

I honestly think that Sheffield Wednesday somehow needs a complete clean slate Inc a new stadium away from Hillsborough.

Pretty much every manager we have makes a roundabout comment about positivity. We have a local reputation for being arrogant supporters and to be honest it's true. We are.

Took us a couple of years in league one to learn any humility, unity and genuine appreciation.

53 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Isn't it said that the buck stops at the top. 

In large organisations and corporations then if the company fails it's the CEO who gets the chop.

In the case of SWFC the top honcho is Chansiri.

He cannot sack himself but it is he/him who employs everybody else at the club. He has made it clear he has final decisions of everything that happens at the club.

It's time he realised he is not capable of making the decisions and employed somebody who has successfully run a football club.

It will cost him a few bob but if it reduces his losses it will be worthwhile. 

I havnt got a clue who that may be. He has taken the wrong advice from the wrong people. It seems as though he has been fleeced by quite a few on the say so of probably Doyen.  There will be a few who have lined their pockets from Chansiri  .

He has an unenviable task. 

Hopefully for the supporters sake he will get it right and FAST 

Sadly this is what happens when you take advice from people who are only interested in lining their own pockets. 

1 hour ago, oi_you_owl said:

A lot of that comes from how good we were in the early 90s. Everyone seems to cling onto that. Waddle, Hirst, Nilsson have a legendary status on a different level to heroes of other clubs imo. 

I was never around to watch us in the 90s but as soon as i hit primary school I probably knew who Hirst, Palmer and Waddle were. A lot of Wednesday fan live in the past and are obsessed with that era.

We feel hard done by. Leeds are the same. Wouldn't call it arrogance.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A lot of that comes from how good we were in the early 90s. Everyone seems to cling onto that. Waddle, Hirst, Nilsson have a legendary status on a different level to heroes of other clubs imo. 

I was never around to watch us in the 90s but as soon as i hit primary school I probably knew who Hirst, Palmer and Waddle were. A lot of Wednesday fan live in the past and are obsessed with that era.

We feel hard done by. Leeds are the same. Wouldn't call it arrogance.

This is a good point.

We do give a lot of our focus to that era, which let's be honest, was over in the blink of an eye. 

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Discuss away

It's not the fans fault

Sorry.

I won’t be discussing anything where a quote has been censored to reflect a certain argument / point of view. 

If you’re going to ‘quote’ people, at least have the decency to quote in full.

Maybe I’ll quote you and remove some key words and see how that pans out.

”Discuss away

It’s the fans fault”.

Think I could quite get a taste for this media manipulation!!

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

yeah right like chansiri would put the club in administration and kiss goodbye to 60- 80 million quid ....if he wants out he'll sell us .that way he at least  gets summat back .

but how much do you think we would be worth under a ffp? probable large fine,points deduction ? I think we have 5 assets who are worth more than 2 million ,rest are too injury prone for any club to risk paying a fee for. forestieri,hooper,bannan,reach,lees will all command fees ,but I would think all there valuations will have dropped with most having injuries . I don't think at all we would go into administration ,but remember to get the losses down upto may 31st 2017 to 31st may 2018 we have to lose 11 million of the losses off the books to a maximum of 9 million ,seen that all our players are still on our books getting huge wages ,the only way to get the appx 11 million is selling after season is finished ,if we go down figure may be double that . but if we went down how do you think certain supporters would react after Norwich game? and chansiri seeing all the rage and hatred amongst certain supporters he might well want to a runner from club. thing is no one knows how season will finish ,and no1 knows how chansiri might react to seeing a horrible situation . the amount of supporters on here and ive spoken to some what say they wont renew there season tickets for next season , I will be there next season I'm not abandoning my club , there will always be good and bad times , clearly we are on one of the biggest downers in the clubs history ,but this can all be averted by stopping up and getting squad sorted in summer to avoid any penaties. 

7 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Sorry.

I won’t be discussing anything where a quote has been censored to reflect a certain argument / point of view. 

If you’re going to ‘quote’ people, at least have the decency to quote in full.

i shorten the quotes so you can see which specific part I'm talking about nothing else

Your post still remains on the site

Pretty much everyone on the site knows this, knows why this is the case, and this is how things are done by myself and many others

Owlstalk Shop

15 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

I wonder what CC was going to tell us at the end of the season ?

He put all the meat on the fire, but when he took it off it wasn't cooked inside.

So, he put it in the microwave to properly cook the meat, and then put it back on the fire.

By then though, it was too late. He demanded his money back.

:carlos:

The fire had gone out.

The meat was wasted.

So he fooooked off to Swansea.

:manager:

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

do you get a points reduction for FFP? ... I thought it was a fine and transfer embargo .

I don't think there is a set of prescribed punishments for break FFP / P&S.

So yes we could get a points reduction which I think would be better as more prohibitive to clubs breaking the rules.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think there is a set of prescribed punishments for break FFP / P&S.

So yes we could get a points reduction which I think would be better as more prohibitive to clubs breaking the rules.

as any club had a reduction for FFP.