Jos Luhukay " We have a team that has no belief in themselves"

Jacob Butterfield Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

“I think over 90 minutes we have a team that has no belief in themselves,”

“They don’t have the confidence to play offensive and create chances and over the 90 minutes I think we only had three chances and scored from one of them.

“It was not enough to get a result at the end, Ipswich also had three chances and scored twice. It was a fantastic free-kick the second goal.”

“When you don’t get results, lose two days ago and have two days to forget that, we had a new chance at home with home fans, you think you will win, but we didn’t have the confidence to do that.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, RoyCroppersHair said:

dawson in on Saturday for me, as good as wildsmith has been, he’s conceding a load lately

I once remember the best goalkeeper in the world (Peter Schmeichel) conceding 12 in a week. There's only so much a goalkeeper can do. That's not to say Wildsmith hasn't made mistakes though because he obviously has.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Jacob Butterfield Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

“I think over 90 minutes we have a team that has no belief in themselves,”

“They don’t have the confidence to play offensive and create chances and over the 90 minutes I think we only had three chances and scored from one of them.

“It was not enough to get a result at the end, Ipswich also had three chances and scored twice. It was a fantastic free-kick the second goal.”

“When you don’t get results, lose two days ago and have two days to forget that, we had a new chance at home with home fans, you think you will win, but we didn’t have the confidence to do that.

I am not surprised and he has a lot to do with that. He is the one who needs to breed confidence and belief into them.

I had renewed confidence and belief after the Derby home game. A week later he picks no strikers and a very defensive line up away at Millwall and my confidence takes a knock. Goodness knows what it did to the players, they were probably as baffled as I was by the approach and what he sent them out to do. It has pretty much been downhill from there in terms of expecting to get anything. The 1st half against Villa was good but that and the Derby game appear to be the anomalies rather than the norm.