EMBARASSING JOS

10 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

What subs should he have made?

The players aren't good enough. He cannot get any more out of them.

I'd have took loovens off for Pudil or Fred. Loovens confidence is shot to pieces. Keeping him on did him no favours at all. 

Mick McCarthy was on the touchline for every second of that game shouting instructions and watching intently.

I cannot stand to watch a manager sit on the seats in the dugout with their arms folded. If you're in a mire like us you need to be on the touchline screaming at them for 90 mins if you have to. Even if the players don't listen at least the fans can see you care. Passion is completely lacking.

His hands are tied with team selection but his playing style is wallpaper paste. We were warned when he came in!

12 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

That’s it with him.

Absolutely f*cking dire to watch him arms folded all night. We had 15 mins to go and win that game and take it on, we make ZERO changes again to change the game or go out to win it. 

What a bland uninspiring useless manager we have on our hands. No excuses tonicht - they were the worst side at Hillsborough for ages, and we bottled it to go and win it. 

OUT.

I don't think it's to do with the managers approach.

The players bottled it.

Jos said so.

End of...

12 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I’m finding it hard to disagree.

3 points needed against Bolton or he loses my last remaining semblance of support.

Hes making bizarre decision after bizarre decision after bizarre decision

I agree, but I am now convinced there is something going on at the club that is definately not right.  So many things that don't add up, sorry to go on about the injuries again but who has all these players out for months and months on end with no news, it's not right, I don't care what anyone says.  

10 hours ago, oldishowl said:

He should have replaced Loovens with Pudil and he should have replaced Butterfield with Abdi.

If the two of them are not capable of playing the last 25 mins then they should not have been on the bench.

Pudil who had a late fitness test? Who else do you want on the bench? Fill it with kids?

Abdi? A player we never see because a gust of wind breaks him.

Butterbeans has took a lot of flak again, but he was "ok" yesterday which is good for him. There was far worse players on the pitch

It's easy to blame the manager, maybe he does deserve some stick, but there is no way he can be held accountable for absolute stupid mistakes like neshing challenges, constantly misplacing passes, who failing to do a single decent cross (Loovens / Palmer mainly)

16 minutes ago, smhouston said:

I would love to know what changes fans expected him to make so we "go for it". The only one player we had who could do that came on at half time - Joao

Maybe we should question that some more thought should have gone into which players he chose to go on the bench. Were two central defenders and another holding midfield player really needed at home when we are crying out for a win.?

I think having a manager that had actually heard of the players he was managing would’ve been a start.

I mean I know we all laughed but he’d never heard of Neil Warnock!? 

We we were all optimistic at the start but as times gone on he clearly severely underestimated the task he was taking on.

Guest LittleG

I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt and sympathise with him over the state of the squad he inherited, however my patience is being sorely tested. Constant chopping and changing of the side (5/6 changes nearly every match) and the lack of willingness to use substitutions to try and influence games is very perplexing. 

1 minute ago, Mickjj said:

Maybe we should question that some more thought should have gone into which players he chose to go on the bench. Were two central defenders and another holding midfield player really needed at home when we are crying out for a win.?

and put who on there instead? I agree in theory, I saw the bench and thought there are no game changers on there if we need it, but what other senior players could we have put on there for that purpose?

Have sympathy with the situation he inherited, which it seems nobody else wanted to touch with a barge pole (if rumours are to be believed). However, stand to be corrected, but he has more 'experienced' players available now than when he arrived and performances and results are getting markedly worse, which is not good enough. 

Just seems like the club is neglected, from DC downwards, the players have lost interest and Jos just going through the motions until the summer when I suspect he knows he will be leaving. 

36 minutes ago, Mus said:

I agree, but I am now convinced there is something going on at the club that is definately not right.  So many things that don't add up, sorry to go on about the injuries again but who has all these players out for months and months on end with no news, it's not right, I don't care what anyone says.  

I agree. 

Something stinks - something is definitely being covered up here. This is not all coincidental, this is an absolute mess and we're given no communication on what's going on, players are apparently coming out saying 'they're fit' - I think there is some hush hush going on at the moment behind the scenes. 

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

Pudil who had a late fitness test? Who else do you want on the bench? Fill it with kids?

Abdi? A player we never see because a gust of wind breaks him.

Butterbeans has took a lot of flak again, but he was "ok" yesterday which is good for him. There was far worse players on the pitch

It's easy to blame the manager, maybe he does deserve some stick, but there is no way he can be held accountable for absolute stupid mistakes like neshing challenges, constantly misplacing passes, who failing to do a single decent cross (Loovens / Palmer mainly)

Loovens , as you say , constantly made mistakes yet you think he should not have been taken off.

Buuterfield didn’t have his worse game but created nothing going forward.

If Pudil and Abdi can’t play 25 mins then they shouldn’t be on the bench. Might as well have put Nielsen and Clare on the bench, or if they are never going to be used me and you.

The manager has inherited a complete mess yet he isn’t helping himself with his bizarre allergy to using substitutes. It is key part of the game these days and he doesn’t seem to have a clue how to use them.

Not using a single sub against Villa was one of the strangest things I have ever seen any manager do.

Edited by oldishowl

He's been chucked into an absolute mess, which i'll cut him some slack for. Yet he's hardly inspired confidence has he? 

The defensive stability which seemed to come in at the start has gone missing. I can't see any obvious attacking game plan, coupled with strange selections and at times seemingly being allergic to making subs he's hardly helping himself.

We finished the game with 4 defenders and Jones / Butterfield still on the pitch.

I’m sorry but that is a disgrace at trying to win or get back int9 a game of football, especially given our situation.

Put Lees up top with Nuhiu for the last 5-10 mins, bring Abdi on take Loovens off SOMETHING to show some form of intent to nick a goal and get a point.

This guy irrespective of injuries has got to go!! 

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

and put who on there instead? I agree in theory, I saw the bench and thought there are no game changers on there if we need it, but what other senior players could we have put on there for that purpose?

Why does it have to be senior?, Clare has pace we could have used or Hirst for the last 15 minutes

15 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

That’s it with him.

Absolutely f*cking dire to watch him arms folded all night. We had 15 mins to go and win that game and take it on, we make ZERO changes again to change the game or go out to win it. 

What a bland uninspiring useless manager we have on our hands. No excuses tonicht - they were the worst side at Hillsborough for ages, and we bottled it to go and win it. 

OUT.

So what would you have done differently then if you were manager?

15 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

That’s it with him.

OUT.

Agree with all this,

"Trust, Confidence & Belief" - Where do the players get all this from with a manager who stands there with his arms folded all night, I can't see any passion or encouragement from him at all

Nice bloke though so it's okay I suppose?