EMBARASSING JOS

He might well be working with his hands behind his back, but he ain't been gagged ffs.

Just a bit of encouragement Jos for the lads. A clap here and there, a word perhaps, but ffs don't just stand like a flipping card board cut out.

8 minutes ago, VBQ24 said:

Survive this season and then get rid.

Bring in an experienced British managed preferably with experience of promotion from this league.

That’s what I asked for when we went for the tasche instead

4 minutes ago, debram said:

his appointment was just as strange as most of the signings we have made, total disaster

I get the impression that under the current set up, Doyen,transfers etc that no-one wants the job, well no-one that's any good that is...

and i can't blame them if it's all true, the old wives tales we hear

Edited by steveger

7 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

What subs should he have made?

The players aren't good enough. He cannot get any more out of them.

But it is his job to get the most out of them. Are you telling me if we had appointed Warnock instead of Jos and he was given exactly the same players to work with every game we would only have 1 win in 10. Because as much as I don't like to admit it. Colin would have probably won half of them.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

What subs should he have made?

The players aren't good enough. He cannot get any more out of them.

He should have replaced Loovens with Pudil and he should have replaced Butterfield with Abdi.

If the two of them are not capable of playing the last 25 mins then they should not have been on the bench.

• Thanks 1

I don’t understand why he didn’t give Abdi 10 minutes in place of Butterfield, and possibly young Preston wide. Just mix it up a bit, surely can’t do any harm. It’s almost as though Jos forgets you can make 3 subs. 

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Sadly I agree 

He’s miles out of his depth.

No one knows why he was chosen. No one knows how got on our radar?

He knows Zero about the championship, the most competitive league in Europe, he has a poor command of the lingo and he shows no passion whatsoever.

Strange appointment at a crucial time but the whole club at the moment is strange.

It’s bizarre even by our standards!

He was cheap 

2 hours ago, marshy said:

Sometimes players look for a little bit of inspiration, or encouragement. This bloke offers nothing. Absolutely nothing I sat and watched him at 1_0 he's either stood arms folded or sat down. No instructions, no motivation. 

And don't get me started on why the hell he kept loovens on. Terrible management.

Bang on mate. He even has the audacity to say we are a team devoid of confidence, well no sh!t Sherlock, but surely it is your job to either instil confidence or pick the players that still have some left. Palmer and Loovens were like rabbits in the headlights

2 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Sadly I agree 

He’s miles out of his depth.

No one knows why he was chosen. No one knows how got on our radar?

He knows Zero about the championship, the most competitive league in Europe, he has a poor command of the lingo and he shows no passion whatsoever.

Strange appointment at a crucial time but the whole club at the moment is strange.

It’s bizarre even by our standards!

He was chosen because he has a track record of getting teams promoted in a major footballing nation.

When he was chosen almost to a man everyone on here was loving it, anyone who dared question it was lambasted.

People on here now all in meltdown could do worse than to recognise that.

Confidence doesn't come after you win. Confidence is a pre-requisite of playing well in the first place in order to get a result. If Jos is one of these stereotypical managers who trots out the same "when we win our confidence will come back" rubbish, he'll still be waiting until this time next year when we're bottom of League One.

Likewise, swapping five or six players each match is about as disruptive as you can be. The moral of players suffers (for several reasons) and the match day field organisation gets very complicated. In effect, by doing this, he is using competition as a training exercise.

In case you are wondering, I am a sports coach (not football) and I also have a qualification in sports psychology (which included some football material), working within every standard from grass roots to elite level athletes. I have yet to be impressed by too many football coaches who seem to dwell on the old cliches and bad practices.

9 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Confidence doesn't come after you win. Confidence is a pre-requisite of playing well in the first place in order to get a result. If Jos is one of these stereotypical managers who trots out the same "when we win our confidence will come back" rubbish, he'll still be waiting until this time next year when we're bottom of League One.

Likewise, swapping five or six players each match is about as disruptive as you can be. The moral of players suffers (for several reasons) and the match day field organisation gets very complicated. In effect, by doing this, he is using competition as a training exercise.

In case you are wondering, I am a sports coach (not football) and I also have a qualification in sports psychology (which included some football material), working within every standard from grass roots to elite level athletes. I have yet to be impressed by too many football coaches who seem to dwell on the old cliches and bad practices.

I don’t doubt what you do for a living, I can though question your experience of coaching a team which was inherited with already a clear lack of confidence, an injury crisis beyond the norm, training in winter.

If the club have been forced to rotate players to preserve any sort of squad in the face of such injuries (as seems to be the case here) then that clearly demonstrates that your ideas on squad rotation are wide of the mark, for a start.

Again, with the confidence issue, I was once part of a squad who by some miracle ended up in a league way above our level. We lost almost every game, despite a spirited effort in each game. Our confidence was excellent all season. Yet the next season following relegation our confidence remained sky high despite us not at all playing well all year. We were OVER confident. We were cocky. Each team is totally different, each situation is. No qualification nor manual will state there is some confidence tactic that works, not with any credibility.

And I think I’ll stop paying attention to much of what you say after that...

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Will69 said:

He was chosen because he has a track record of getting teams promoted in a major footballing nation.

When he was chosen almost to a man everyone on here was loving it, anyone who dared question it was lambasted.

People on here now all in meltdown could do worse than to recognise that.

1) German div2 is like the conference here

2) He was out of a job and a complete unknown. Folk were willing to give him a chance. He’s made far too many naive mistakes in such a short time to suggest he’s anything other than way out of his depth

2 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

1) German div2 is like the conference here

2) He was out of a job and a complete unknown. Folk were willing to give him a chance. He’s made far too many naive mistakes in such a short time to suggest he’s anything other than way out of his depth

Obviously 2. Bundesliga isn’t at all like our Conference.

It is one of the best leagues in European football, it just doesn’t have the strength in depth that our Championship has. What it does have are teams like Stuttgart and Hertha occasionally dropping down to it, teams who whilst we were toddling about in League One were in European football, which says a lot. My main concern with Jos experience in that league was that he wasn’t used to every team having the ability to beat the other on their day, which of course the Championship has in spades.

The style of football played by Jos’ teams (on my experience of it) in 2. Bundesliga is also going to take our team a while to adjust to, you simply cannot crowbar a style of play, tactics, positioning, change in mentality etc into a squad and it work instantly. Given the injury and fitness issues on top of that it is clear Jos hasn’t had the chance to really get that style across yet.