Liam Palmer

He wasn’t good but then again, if he’s listened to the local radio this week or viewed social media, the kid will have seen and heard that he’s ‘not even League 2 standard’ over and over again, so it’d have been a miracle if he was anything else but the nervous wreck not bearing any semblance of the footballer we thought was there a year or two ago.

Guest 1banana2banana
13 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

He’s been out of his depth for years.

Gets away with it time after time though, as he ‘bleeds blue and white’.

He’s garbage.

He supports Liverpool and always has? 

He got himself into plenty of good positions last night, but didn’t manage to get a decent cross in. Apart from that he had a few bad touches but was no worse than (pick 6 randomly from last night). 

The fans booing him early on are a joke, and have been reading this, or listening to others moan about his Bristol performance on radio Sheffield. 

We always find a scape goat and with 6pages already, it looks as though he is it this time. 

The amount of awful games Morgan fox has had for us, I can’t remember boos for him once. 

Edited by 1banana2banana

7 minutes ago, 1banana2banana said:

He supports Liverpool and always has? 

He got himself into plenty of good positions last night, but didn’t manage to get a decent cross in. Apart from that he had a few bad touches but was no worse than (pick 6 randomly from last night). 

The fans booing him early on are a joke, and have been reading this, or listening to others moan about his Bristol performance on radio Sheffield. 

We always find a scape goat and with 6pages already, it looks as though he is it this time. 

The amount of awful games Morgan fox has had for us, I can’t remember boos for him once. 

What it is with this scapegoat bs.  We can see it with our own eyes.  It's not Palmers fault that he's still getting games. It shows our poor recruitment. 

3 hours ago, fingyfop said:

It's nice you and Liam are so close he tells you how he feels after the match

I don't think he's good enough for what we need, but you've just worked yourself up into being angry about some hypothetical attitude you've created in your mind about how Liam Palmer feels after a match. 

It's like your purposefully looking for something to be annoyed/angry by. 

You'll live longer and be happier (especially as a Wednesday fan!) if you're not always trying to find the worst in everything/everyone.

Please don't patronise me...it only shows that you haven't really got a debate/response because you know the comments are true!!! If he actually cared about his performances he would go out in the next game to prove it, instead he shows the same level of desire and application game in game out. You might accept second best and think oh well...i don't work like that i want to win and i want to see players with the same ethic.

I am annoyed and angry you are right...i am annoyed and angry at the fact that Palmer thinks it is acceptable to serve up paying customers the lack of desire and effort that he keeps serving up. If Palmer was to bust a gut and try his hardest but still get beat i could accept that but what i cant accept is a player walking and jogging around a football pitch when out of position...its almost an air of resignation and if this is how the players are performing/thinking, we may as well shut up shop and all save the time an effort we put in.

I accept the debate about ability and not been good enough but i simply can't accept players not putting in the effort and commitment. We have seen time and time again managers like Warnock and Megson turn these kind of players into very good competitive players and its all down to effort, application and desire. Something that Palmer and a few others simply lack....WHY???

Oh and please don't ask me why i have singled Palmer out...the reason i am slating Palmer is because this is a "Liam Palmer Thread" i could quite easily go through one or two others as well given the chance.

8 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Please don't patronise me...it only shows that you haven't really got a debate/response because you know the comments are true!!! If he actually cared about his performances he would go out in the next game to prove it, instead he shows the same level of desire and application game in game out. You might accept second best and think oh well...i don't work like that i want to win and i want to see players with the same ethic.

I am annoyed and angry you are right...i am annoyed and angry at the fact that Palmer thinks it is acceptable to serve up paying customers the lack of desire and effort that he keeps serving up. If Palmer was to bust a gut and try his hardest but still get beat i could accept that but what i cant accept is a player walking and jogging around a football pitch when out of position...its almost an air of resignation and if this is how the players are performing/thinking, we may as well shut up shop and all save the time an effort we put in.

I accept the debate about ability and not been good enough but i simply can't accept players not putting in the effort and commitment. We have seen time and time again managers like Warnock and Megson turn these kind of players into very good competitive players and its all down to effort, application and desire. Something that Palmer and a few others simply lack....WHY???

Oh and please don't ask me why i have singled Palmer out...the reason i am slating Palmer is because this is a "Liam Palmer Thread" i could quite easily go through one or two others as well given the chance.

completely agree. I can't remember a game where i've ever seen Palmer run himself into the ground, he doesn't put a shift in and needs moving on sooner rather than later

25 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Or maybe like the rest of the team, due to past training methods, he's not done adequate training for the past few seasons and is not fit enough to be going up and down the line constantly, as a wingback you have to do a lot more work than a conventional fullback, and due to Hunt's injuries Palmer has had to play a lot of games in a row which is something he's not done for quite awhile.

13 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Or maybe like the rest of the team, due to past training methods, he's not done adequate training for the past few seasons and is not fit enough to be going up and down the line constantly, as a wingback you have to do a lot more work than a conventional fullback, and due to Hunt's injuries Palmer has had to play a lot of games in a row which is something he's not done for quite awhile.

Agree the past training methods and fitness regime was pretty poor and it certainly hasn't helped the current situation but we are now talking about a team that as had a new manager for several weeks. We are talking about a player who is 26 not 36...he should be in the peak of his career in nearly every aspect of it not labouring around half heartedly.