Liam Palmer

Just now, handworth52 said:

ive spoken to an ex footballer who played full back for us a few weeks ago and he has nothing good to say about liam palmer ,fox usually gets the stick ,but id say without doubt palmer and loovens should never play for us again. 

should have said years ago .lol 

39 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Rubbish...hes struggling because he cant be bothered to do the hard yards. 

To be fair, I wouldn't blame his application. He often works hard to get into good positions but his ability, lets him down. 

It'll mean soo much to him, he can't think straight. His athleticism is the only reason he's a pro footballer lol

Very Stuart Gray inspired post!

Think basically Liam Palmer is a league 1 standard player with very low confidence at the moment.

Your heart is in your mouth every time he got the ball last night waiting for him to make a mistake and the reaction from the crowd.

I agree the reaction from some people does not help him but as a pro footballer you have to deal with it.

3 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

To be fair, I wouldn't blame his application. He often works hard to get into good positions but his ability, lets him down. 

It'll mean soo much to him, he can't think straight. His athleticism is the only reason he's a pro footballer lol

Very Stuart Gray inspired post!

Agree with this, but he clearly lacks the ability to be  a Championship player as he appears to be clueless going forward and often out of position defensively.

You really have to question the judgement of the manager though to pick a starting line up including Palmer, Fox and Loovens in defence. 

He's playing above his level but in fairness to him he's largely been decent under grey and carlos. His form has been awful since jos has arrived but this is largely due to the fact that hes not suited to playing wing back and the manager doesnt seem to see it. Its destroying his confidence its the same with fox a very limited player at this level who has been made to look even worse at this level by the manager playing him as a wingback

Neither are good enough going forward and they dont have the natural energy for it. Only reach and hunt are capable  of playing wing back if these two arent both available we should just stick with four at the back until the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Agree with this, but he clearly lacks the ability to be  a Championship player as he appears to be clueless going forward and often out of position defensively.

You really have to question the judgement of the manager though to pick a starting line up including Palmer, Fox and Loovens in defence. 

Yep, these players are quickly taking the club down to their "level" - we need to have a right clear out, to restore order and get back to the level we've achieved previously.

10 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

He was no worst than any one else tonight.

Loovens was at fault for the 1st goal, all he had to do was the basics, kick the ball out for a corner.

If it was not for a world class save, we would have gone in at half time at least 1-0 up.

We have a choice of 3 Strikers to pick from, all of them poor.

Reech had a shocker of a 1st half, out wide?.

...João poor? Christ he’s been a revelation since Jos took the gig. He’s looked like he’s on another planet ability wise to the rest of them. I give up if that’s poor.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

He was no worst than any one else tonight.

Loovens was at fault for the 1st goal, all he had to do was the basics, kick the ball out for a corner.

If it was not for a world class save, we would have gone in at half time at least 1-0 up.

We have a choice of 3 Strikers to pick from, all of them poor.

Reech had a shocker of a 1st half, out wide?.

Ridiculous comment mate.  Joao is on fire!  His finishing has been superb recently 

Guest wilyfox
11 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

He’s been out of his depth for years.

Gets away with it time after time though, as he ‘bleeds blue and white’.

He’s garbage.

Pretty much. 

Liam Palmer's season has been a highlight reel for how not to defend.

His best moment though, by far, was Boltons 3rd (I think) when we played them at their place in the cup earlier in the season.

Absolute criminal defending. Stuff you wouldn't even see at school boy level.

He needs getting shut of. 

He had a stinker, worst I've ever seen him play.

...but let's not pretend he's anywhere near the biggest problem atm.

I'd play a 12% fit Bannan over a 100% fit Butterfield any day of the week, he is the worst player I've seen in a Wednesday shirt since Bothroyd and O'Connor.

13 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

I mean... look at our options at full back; Palmer and Fox...

Why can't Jos just give Ash Baker a chance; or stick Nielsen / Thorniley in central defence and move Pudil out to full back again, while we wait on Hunt...

I don't think Ash Baker exists as a real person, its just a name we put on team sheet as a sub to make numbers up. lol

He seems to be on it regularly but we never see him on pitch.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Bore off with your moral high ground poo....we are discussing a full grown adult who is a professional footballer earning thousands of pounds a week who dishes out performances that are not worthy of league 2. 

The lad might not be best full back we have ever had (he probably knows this) but application, desire and sheer hard work is something that you either choose to do or not and Palmer is choosing to stroll around and perform like a player way out of his depth!! His days at the matches don't consist of spending £100's of your hard earned money on days out to watch them!!, He gets paid for the privilege of been there. It always gets me when fans feel sorry for the players...oh my days wake up and realise that most of these guys don't give a poo if you go or not, they still collect their wages despite dross!! They still have nice house's and cars in the nicest areas of Sheffield and after the game they forget about it and its onto the next one.

I couldn't give two hoots if Palmer never played for us again but one thing i do ask is that when he does, he gives it his all!! At one point last night Jordan Rhodes was actually covering at RB whilst Palmer strolled through the middle without a care in the world.

It's nice you and Liam are so close he tells you how he feels after the match

I don't think he's good enough for what we need, but you've just worked yourself up into being angry about some hypothetical attitude you've created in your mind about how Liam Palmer feels after a match. 

It's like your purposefully looking for something to be annoyed/angry by. 

You'll live longer and be happier (especially as a Wednesday fan!) if you're not always trying to find the worst in everything/everyone.

Agreed it was not Palmers best game last night but as said earlier he is not cut out to play a wing back as he doesn't have the ability to go past anyone and his crossing is erratic. However I felt he was given a few passes last night from Lees, Buttercup and Jones when he had nowhere to go and had to just hump it forward, his lack of confidence was obvious and it was made worse when the crowd got on his back for passing backwards.