Athde Nuihu, Glenn Loovens, Liam Palmer

Nuhiu was my MOTM tonight, the sort of fight, spirit and endeavour that others should be showing. Lucas did OK and scored a cracking goal. But Palmer, Loovens and Rhodes? Words fail me today.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The keeper s

imply dived up into the air and spread his arms and legs out..unluckily Nuhiu hit it sweetly and it hit an appendage...should have scored though I admit...

I agree. the keeper knew sweet F A about it. The problem was that Nuhiu actually hit it too cleanly. If he'd scuffed it he woud probably have scored. Its hard on Nuhiu because i do think he had a decent game tonight but as you say he should have scored...

28 minutes ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

Nuhiu was ok and his effort can't be faulted BUT lets face it Waghorn 4 yards out waist high volley buries it. Nuhiu 5 yards our waist high volley  blasts it at the keeper. If  he had taken that chance (and it was a glorious one I think we go on to win the game.

As for Loovens and Palmer both shocking 1 out of 10 performances...

Cant agree with this, the ball coming in as it did, at the height it was, all he could do was get the best connection and he did, 9 times out of 10 it ricochets off the keeper into the net, Waghorn did not connect nearly as well and got lucky. Overall still not good enough tonight.

7 minutes ago, jrh said:

When was the last time we won a league game when that lump up front started?

Not this garbage again.

The man has started 9 of our last 82 league games. Almost all of them in the current slump where we are struggling to beat anyone, whoever plays. Yet he's the reason we are so crap?

Nuhiu - A real trier.  Gives his all and is capable of being a valuable impact sub for many reasons.  But he isn’t good enough to be relied upon as a regular starter at this level.  

Loovens - Legs have gone.  This has been a season too far at this level for him.  His total lack of urgency and leadership as captain isn’t good enough IMO.  Thank goodness that he is out of contract in the summer.

Palmer - See Nuhiu.  We need Hunt back ASAP.

7 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Cant agree with this, the ball coming in as it did, at the height it was, all he could do was get the best connection and he did, 9 times out of 10 it ricochets off the keeper into the net, Waghorn did not connect nearly as well and got lucky. Overall still not good enough tonight.

You can't agree that it was a glorious chance? Really?

"All he could do was get the best connection". I am a little surprised you saw it that way. It seemed to me like a free shot from a cross he watched all the way into the box? 

All I said was that Adthe missed a glorious chance.  I didn't say he wasn't unlucky or that the keeper made an amazing save (both of which are true)...

I am not slagging him either. I thought he did ok tonight

(but he still missed a glorious chance :tango:)

Not sure what your point is. It was a chance and he reacted well and hit it well, a miskick would have one in. You seemed to be comparing it to Waghorns chance as if to say he did better (well he did cos he scored) but it’s small margins, can’t fault Nuhiu for his attempt, unlucky. If I misread the point of your post I apologise, but I can’t fault Nuhiu tonight, wish others had his spirit.

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Add Jones and Butterfield to the list!

Reach was crap tonight too!

Wouldn't say crap, but he drifted in and out of game dropping too deep and just waving his arms to direct traffic. Some think he's the blue eyed boy but his shots and free-kicks were woeful and he can't get off the ground to head, but still better than Butterfield and Loovens was embarrassing, but with 2 central defenders on the bench why wasn't he pulled?

51 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I said to my mate tonight that someone would use Nuhiu’s miss to rubbish his excellent performance.  

Thought the exact same in a way  he was very unlucky with that shot!

he hit it perfectly, too perfectly if he scuffs that slightly it's in the back of the net! 

Three players tonight were horrendous and that was Palmer, Loovens and Boyd.

13 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Not sure what your point is. It was a chance and he reacted well and hit it well, a miskick would have one in. You seemed to be comparing it to Waghorns chance as if to say he did better (well he did cos he scored) but it’s small margins, can’t fault Nuhiu for his attempt, unlucky. If I misread the point of your post I apologise, but I can’t fault Nuhiu tonight, wish others had his spirit.

My point is that it was more than a chance, it was a very good chance  and that he should have scored. I'm not slagging him just making an observation. I am comparing it to Waghorn's chance which he scored. if you reverse the outcomes of those two chances, we win 2-1. Small margins as you say.

Overall I am not disagreeing with you. I thought Nuhiu played well  and he did (unlike some) really put himself about and probably deserved a goal. Just a shame he didnt take the chance presented to him. If he had then he would have had a shout for MOM

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Maybe a little harsh on Nuihu however I do feel against a defender in Carter Vickers he should have been all over him all game. Lost battles far too many times for a man of his size for me. 

Did you go to the match? Nuhiu dominated the Ipswich centre-halves for long periods tonight. 

Fvcck me! What does Nuhiu have to do to get his good performances recognised?!!

Oh well; haters gunna hate.