Athde Nuihu, Glenn Loovens, Liam Palmer

Ive just got back and to say Nuhiu was crap it utter gonads, yes he has limited ability but he gave everything tonight. Butterfirel Loovens and Palmer were absolute dross, boyd wasn't much better either. What I want to know is why the fooook do we not pit subs on FFS. I was happy to give Jos the benefit of the doubt but it would seem he is so far out of his depth. 

Nihiu & Joao are the only 2 to come out of tonight holding their heads high. Loovens is diabolical (That moment in the second half when he just watched their attacker stroll past him in the box!) Palmer, Rhodes,(remember him??) Fox should never play for us again

Nuhiu was the only player with any fight in him tonight..He won bals he had no right to win, scrapped for everything and laid good balls off to Jones, Butterfield Palmer etc..Who knew not what the f.ook to do with it bar..flick it to no bugger or cross it to nowhere...

The number of times Nuhiu won the ball and Rhodes ran the wrong way was laughable...Then Jordan puts his thumb up..and trots back to do the same f.ookin' thing again.

To lump Nuhiu in with some of those tonight  is bloody nonsense

Edited by asteener1867

I'm away and couldn't make tonight's game (lucky me) so had to rely on the BBCs live text updates. The only mention Rhodes got was at half-time when he got replaced. Big Dave got plenty of mentions even if half of them were for giving away stupid free kicks.

Looking on the bright side though, if McCarthy was seriously considering joining the Owls next season tonight may have persuaded him to think again

49 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Loovens

Palmer

Fox

Rhodes

Butterfield

None of the above should ever where our shirt again

Id honestly play u18’s before them 

This.....just horrific. A few others are not much better tbh

I’m watching my beloved Wednesday slowly go down the relegation plug hole while the manager and Bullen do nothing - as someone said - 2 unused subs! WTF!

Need players back quickly as there’s no win in the players on the pitch tonight......the odd goal from Lucas J and that’s it.

Jos Must drop the above band of prime culprits though, is he watching the same game?

Sigh......

50 minutes ago, s5owl said:

But palmer WTF was that display? couldn't wait to get rid of the Ball didn't matter where it went.

I thought once he had made mistakes, he was getting ripped to bits by the crowd and went on a rapid downward spiral.

Fox I thought did Ok in the first half, and being in the North, I couldn't appreciate him too well in the second.

Nuhiu deserved something better, he encouraged everyone following mistakes AND the crowd.

Nuhiu was ok and his effort can't be faulted BUT lets face it Waghorn 4 yards out waist high volley buries it. Nuhiu 5 yards our waist high volley  blasts it at the keeper. If  he had taken that chance (and it was a glorious one I think we go on to win the game.

As for Loovens and Palmer both shocking 1 out of 10 performances...

For me, Nuhiu, Jones, Joao, Lees, Reach and Wildsmith come out of the game with some credit.  At least they all put in some effort.

Loovens looks completely shot and like he will cost us goals in every game he plays now.  Palmer is never a footballer and can't even be bothered to put in the effort.  I thought Fox had a few bright moments, although he is inconsistent to say the least.  Boyd doesn't seem to be the player he was at Burnley and Jordan Rhodes seems totally out of form and lacking in pace and confidence.  Butterfield?? I just can't find words to describe him.  He certainly doesn't make any positive contribution.  It was only just before half time when I realised he was even playing.

Not a great performance overall, but the positives for me were Tom Lees and Joao.

1 hour ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Foooking dreadful 

Nuhiu ???????????

Man of the Match by a country mile. Worked his nuts off from first to 90th.

If you were there, you are just biased mate. His was a lionhearted performance, with plenty of quality as well as guts.

His volley deserved a goal and six inches either way the goalie doesn’t lay a glove on it.

He bust a gut to get on the end of the chance that just went past the post.

He bullied their CBs all night long.

For a guy of his size to work so hard for 93 minutes he must be exhausted and deserves huge credit.

I fear he may not be able to start on Saturday, and we will sorely miss that. Hope he is able to throw himself around for 30 minutes at least.

5 minutes ago, I'm an Essex Owl said:

Nuhiu was ok and his effort can't be faulted BUT lets face it Waghorn 4 yards out waist high volley buries it. Nuhiu 5 yards our waist high volley  blasts it at the keeper. If  he had taken that chance (and it was a glorious one I think we go on to win the game.

As for Loovens and Palmer both shocking 1 out of 10 performances...

I said to my mate tonight that someone would use Nuhiu’s miss to rubbish his excellent performance.  

Another shocking performance in a season of them, Nuihu is a limited footballer but at least tries, Loovens has been decent in the past but has totally gone, Palmer has been promising but tonight was awful got in great positions many times and played either the wrong or a very poor ball.

Cannot see where a win is going to come from at the moment, were relying on the garbage below us to keep losing.

18 minutes ago, Kevan said:

For me, Nuhiu, Jones, Joao, Lees, Reach and Wildsmith come out of the game with some credit.  At least they all put in some effort.

Loovens looks completely shot and like he will cost us goals in every game he plays now.  Palmer is never a footballer and can't even be bothered to put in the effort.  I thought Fox had a few bright moments, although he is inconsistent to say the least.  Boyd doesn't seem to be the player he was at Burnley and Jordan Rhodes seems totally out of form and lacking in pace and confidence.  Butterfield?? I just can't find words to describe him.  He certainly doesn't make any positive contribution.  It was only just before half time when I realised he was even playing.

Not a great performance overall, but the positives for me were Tom Lees and Joao.

Fox had the ONE bright moment, when he brought it forward into the space in front of him first half...The crowd applauded, which should have been hint....

After that...he simply wanted  to pass the ball on as quickly as possible, Palmer did the same most of the game, with some of the most inane flicks around the corner to nobody...the booing didn't help either...